Applied Sentiment Analysis - Trading & Forecasting
- Very basic knowledge of the financial markets (we will do a recap to refresh it, just in case).
- Some basic concepts of Technical Analysis (It’s covered in case you’re just getting started).
- Motivation and Willingness to experiment with data analysis in excel.
- Some knowledge in Python is desired but not crucial.
It’s time Market Sentiment analysis got a proper step-by-step guide. Why stick only with Technical and Fundamental Analysis when you are trading the markets? Adding this powerful tool to your arsenal will greatly enhance your skills and undoubtedly improve your risk-adjusted returns.
Whether you are just beginning or you’re already an experimented user of market sentiment analysis wanting to discover new techniques in this exciting field, then search no more! this course is for you.
It is specifically designed to guide you from A-Z with a focus on intermediate/advanced concepts that you will find very interesting through different applications and most importantly stepping-stones upon which you can build your super model and combine it with other promising types of analyses!
The CFTC publishes a goldmine every week, which is known as the Commitments of Traders Report – COT - that gauges the pulse and the feeling of the big market participants (i.e. the market movers).
Properly understanding and analyzing this report will allow the user to forecast the trend of the chosen asset (FX, equities, commodities) for the following days, weeks, and even months.
This course is split into 4 main parts:
1. Introduction to Market Sentiment.
2. Framework and COT Data Analysis.
3. Advanced Concepts & Back-testing through Python.
4. Other Sentiment Strategies (Put-call ratio, Dark pool index, Gamma exposure index, etc).
This is an APPLIED course, meaning we will not spend too much time with the boring theoretical albeit necessary stuff. There will be occasional notes for every major section to help you refresh your knowledge as you progress in the course. I will constantly be updating the sections with new sentiment and technical methods / strategies. All of the documents and code are downloadable.
Disclaimer: We acknowledge that trading comes with risks, and therefore, we have to stress that success in this field comes with proper risk management. No model is perfect and the views expressed in this course are only based on market sentiment analysis and are for educational purposes only. Always do your homework and let no one affect your judgement unless objective data is presented.
If you have a question/complaint (or even two), you can contact me through the Q&A section.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone wanting to discover how to analyze FX, equity, and commodities markets from a sentiment point of view.
- Professional and retail traders wanting to enlarge their toolkit.
- Long-term investors wanting to gauge the trends and the the pre-crisis periods.
- Researchers wanting to dive in deeper to develop more sophisticated sentiment models.
- Anyone curious about a lesser-known trading technique.
My name is Sofien KAABAR and I’m assuming you are wondering why should you take my course(s). After all, who am I?
Professionally, I am an Institutional Currency Strategist focused on finding profitable strategies through the use of Technical and Quantitative techniques. I am the author of The Book of Back-tests: Trading Objectively. Currently awaiting the CFA Charter, I have a passion to teach everything I know. I believe that Knowledge should be shared in order to benefit collectively.
I have had experiences in Equity sales, FX trading, and Financial Analysis (even audit for a brief while) before settling in with Strategizing.
But none of that directly relates to what I’m trying to teach you here!
So, what really makes me think I can make a difference?
Simply put, my passion is researching, whether it’s quantitative complex techniques or technical strategies. it’s what I do best and it's time for me to start contributing to the analyses advancements out there. I feel confident that I can deliver something new and helpful to you. Note, that the course(s) will be continuously updated with new material and you will be notified for anything that is worth-mentioning.