Applied GIS in 2022 - Project-based Spatial Analysis in QGIS
What you'll learn
- Learn step by step about QGIS, it's environment and interface using the latest long-lasting release in 2022
- Learn how to visualize and manipulate GIS data (vector and raster data)
- Start working with spatial data on real geolocating project to master powerful freeware GIS software
- Understand the basic and intermediate GIS concepts and analysis
- Learn how to work on geospatial projects in QGIS environment step-by-step
- Learn how to create beautiful maps in QGIS
- Link GIS data analysis results to open source GIS map (open street map)
- Get introduced to Remote Sensing basics and satellite image manipulation in QGIS
- Interest in the topic
- A working PC with internet connection
GIS & Spatial Analysis in the latest QGIS - Master Geographic Information Systems (GIS) via GIS-based project analysis
This course provides an introduction to GIS (geographic information systems) and also introduce students to Remote Sensing in a project-oriented way. This course is based on the newest version of the open-source QGIS software available for free to get started with GIS, Remote Sensing, and geospatial data analysis. My practical geospatial analysis course will provide you with an understanding of the GIS in a very short time. By the end of the course, you will feel confident and completely understand the GIS and Remote Sensing technology, learn by practice how to solve geospatial projects and how to compose beautiful maps using your data and open street map data.
Unlike other courses, my course is based on the latest version of QGIS (long-lasting release) which is essential to learn rather than spending time and money on outdated courses based on the previous software releases.
We will start by learning about QGIS open-source software, its installation, interface and plug-ins.
This will follow with the practical and concise introduction to the GIS analysis and data type, followed by the Remote Sensing introductory section in QGIS.
Then, I will introduce you to practical and real-life GIS projects. By using examples of this project, I will show step-by-step how to conduct GIS project analysis (from basics to advanced), while you will be also developing skills required to understand the geospatial project analysis approach. This is of great value as it will provide you with the practical understanding of the geospatial approach that is needed to solve GIS-related project-oriented tasks, for instance, in your thesis or work.
Finally, you will learn how to visualize your GIS project results in terms of the maps.
This course will prepare the students for the basics of using GIS and Remote Sensing with open source and free software tools. We will go over various industries where GIS and Remote Sensing can be used including agriculture, geology, mining, hydrology, forestry, environmental, and many more! It is hands-on, practical training, therefore we will only spend a brief amount of time discussing theoretical ideas related to spatial data analysis, but rather we will work practically with the real-world data.
So, don't wait and enrol now to become GIS professional tomorrow!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in get started with GIS and QGIS and would like to learn project-oriented GIS analysis
I am a passionate data science expert and educator. I do regular teaching and training all over the world. I have many satisfied students! And now I will be glad if I can teach also you these interesting, highly applied, and exciting topics!
For GIS & Remote Sensing students:
Order of how to take my courses:
Option 1: Take all individual courses that contain more details and more labs in the following order:
1. Get started with GIS & Remote Sensing in QGIS #Beginners
2. Remote Sensing in QGIS: Fundamentals of Image Analysis 2020
3. Core GIS: Land Use and Land Cover & Change Detection in QGIS
4. Machine Learning in GIS: Understand the Theory and Practice
5. Machine Learning in GIS: Land Use/Land Cover Image Analysis
6. Machine Learning in ArcGIS: Map Land Use/ Land Cover in GIS
7. Object-based image analysis & classification in QGIS/ArcGIS
8. ArcGIS: Learn Deep Learning in ArcGIS to advance GIS skills
8. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
10. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
11. QGIS & Google Earth Engine for Environmental Applications
12. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud
Option 2: Take my combi-courses that contain summarized information from the above courses, though in fewer details (labs, videos):
1. Geospatial Data Analyses & Remote Sensing: 4 Classes in 1
2. Machine Learning in GIS and Remote Sensing: 5 Courses in 1
3. Google Earth Engine for Big GeoData Analysis: 3 Courses in 1
4. Google Earth Engine for Machine Learning & Change Detection
5. Advanced Remote Sensing Analysis in QGIS and on cloud