Applied Freight Forwarding
What you'll learn
- Structure of Freight Forwarder
- Significant Cargo Terminology (now optimized with a 170 major cargo terminology list)
- Landlocked Countries
- Transportation Geography
- Major Cargo Aircrafts
- Types of Sea Carriers
- Selling Cargo - major needs of a cargo customer and types of selling
- Quoting a Cargo Shipment
- International Commercial Terms 2010/2020
- International Trade Payments
- Commercial Documentation
- Loading Configurations - learn how to stow cargo efficiently
- Cargo Rating - air, ocean and land rating
- Major Cargo Airports & Ports
- Consolidation - higher the weight-lower the rate and high density cargo with low density cargo...
- Dangerous Goods - shipper declaration for dangerous goods and labeling / marking
- Types of Warehouses
- A Brief about Chartering
- Supply Chain Management (Introduction)
Applied Freight Forwarding starts with all the major cargo terminologies one can think of. It is important to practice patience in such section and go over the essential terminologies explained by the instructor. Once you finalize the course, it is also important to go back and start researching the other terminologies that is handed to you in a chart. It is by self-education as they say you will make a fortune and not only a living.
This course tackles all the fundamentals of freight (air, sea & land) with subjects as consolidation, cargo rating, Incoterms even with the updates, the 9 classes of dangerous goods and cargo sales and service …It will also deal in brief with subjects as: Chartering, packaging, trade payments, commercial documentation, major airports and ports, supply chain management and more.
This course as well concentrates on the issue of accuracy as should be a major concern for trainers especially in such a field where basically limited resources are available. This course is made basically in an "offline"-online integration scheme with adequate exercises to develop and retain optimal skills.
This course concentrates on quality of information rather on quantity and hence tackles time management. Students/Clients are encouraged to inquire about anything only in the content and clarification surely to be submitted to ensure full understanding.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is willing to start an interesting and fruitful career in freight or current employees who like to further enhance their skills
I had the service/tourism science in my blood for more than twenty years. I follow a unique teaching/training style that incorporates memory enhancing techniques, emphasis on visual approaches and highly charged motivational schemes. Holder of 10+ IATA/FIATA diplomas…, advanced certificate in teaching English (TEFL), Master of Science in electronic tourism management…My academic achievements in tourism, freight and business are from Canada, United States of America, England, Switzerland, Greece, Malta, Dubai, Fiji, and more. I have a broad travel experience of over 60 countries. I believe my achievements are almost ideal to be a corporate trainer in an international company.
I have taught in several universities and trained major international companies.
I am more than delighted that I have gained some experience with MSC - Mediterranean Shipping Company Lebanon (Freight) and with MSC Cruises Lebanon and thus acquiring almost the ultimate education and after that the relative experience...