Apple Watch: The ultimate user and decision guide
- 43 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know if an Apple Watch is for you
- Be familiar with the top five reasons you should know before you buy
- Understand the new key technologies of an Apple Watch and how they can help you
- Learn which use cases are best suited for an Apple Watch vs. an iPhone
- No previous knowledge or preparation necessary
Whenever Apple releases a new device class like the Apple Watch, people lining up in front of stores to get their hand on the product as quickly as possible. The question is, if it makes sense to buy one or not.
This course shows you from a user perspective what you can do with the Apple Watch based on daily real-life use-cases. This course is for you if you hesitating to buy the Apple Watch or if you have one and you are wondering when to use the watch and when to use the iPhone instead.Is it worth to buy the Apple Watch?
- Only course which was specifically written from a user experience perspective
- Comprehensive list of use-cases for the Apple Watch
- List of use-cases when it is better to use the iPhone instead
- Five things you should know before you buy the Apple Watch
- My top five reasons why I added an Apple Watch to my system of Apple devices
You will learn based on videos, slides and text. It starts with a pre-quiz and each sections ends with a quiz as well.Use the discussion groups in each lecture to ask specific questions about details that interest you.
- The ultimate Apple Watch user and decision guide is for everyone who considers to buy and Apple Watch and like to understand if it make sense or not.
- This course if for you if you recently purchased an Apple Watch and want to learn more about how and when to use it compared to an iPhone.
- This Apple Watch guide is for any private or business user who is short on time and like to get the key answers fast.
- This course is probably not for you if you are looking for a detailed comparison between all smart watches on the market or if you do not like Apple products at all.
What will you learn?
- The top five reasons why I added an Apple Watch to my system of Apple Devices
- I consciously use different devices for different purposes. Like in a good team, each device has specific strength that makes the entire system much better than just the sum of the individual capabilities. Learn how the Apple Watch fits in.
- To get a more complete picture of my system you might want to take a look at my course "How I profit from using a Mac, iPhone, and iPad based system".
- Benefits of the watch or the unique technologies
- What are the benefits and capabilities of the Apple Watch? Explore the new technologies of the Apple Watch.
- When I use my Apple Watch and why, the best use cases for the watch
- This is my comprehensive list of use cases for the watch. I will walk you through how I used the watch during the initial 6 weeks of daily usage.
- You can download this list for your reference.
- When I use my iPhone instead
- For many situations I still prefer my iPhone. We will review them in this part so you learn about the limitations of the Apple Watch.
- You can also download this list so that you can compare.
- Five things you should know before you buy an Apple Watch
- If you did not buy and Apple Watch yet, this lecture alone is worth the price of the course. Start here if you are in a hurry to buy the watch and avoid costly mistakes.
Adding a new component to an existing system needs to make sense. Learn how the Apple Watch fits into my system of Apple devices.
- Tip of the device pyramid
- The Apple Watch is directly connected to you and therefore has unique capabilities that I discuss here.
- Health and Fitness companion
- Based on new sensors, the Apple Watch makes a great Health and Fitness companion. See how I use it on a daily basis.
- Apple Pay
- Apple Pay is clearly one of the best apps that the Apple Watch has to offer. Learn how easy it is.
- Remote Control
- There are very cool apps for the Apple Watch which allow you to control things remotely. I will point out my favorites here in this segment.
- Communication and instant information
- This is the 800 pound gorilla of the reasons why I bought an Apple Watch. Get an overview of what is possible based with the watch.
What are the benefits and capabilities of the Apple Watch? Explore the new technologies of the Apple Watch and learn how to use them.
- Heart rate sensor
- Lern the basics of photoplethysmography and what you can do with the heart rate monitor of the Apple Watch
- Digital Crown
- Understand the different ways you can use the digital crown to get to the information that you are looking for.
- Force Touch
- Grasp why adding a new dimension of control helps to do more with a smaller screen
- Taptic Engine
- Feel what is going on in your life with the help of the first haptic feedback in the Apple Watch
- Inductive Charger
- How convenient. Learn how easy it is to connect the Apple Watch to the charger.
Learn about the strengths of the Apple Watch based on the list real-life use-cases.
After I received my Apple Watch I started a list of use-cases. Whenever I used the watch I captured some notes about what I doing with the watch.
Besides checking the time, date and a few other information directly from the watch face, I mainly used it for live notifications from many different tools. Learn about the other 25 use-cases in this lecture.
Use my list of use-cases as example what you can do with the Apple Watch and you will get an idea if an Apple Watch is for you.
The weakness of the Apple Watch are mainly related to it's screen size and processing power. However, some other points are important as well and force me to use my iPhone instead.
Learn when I typically use my iPhone instead of my Apple Watch. I counted 17 main cases, writing emails is one of them.
Take a look at the top five things you should consider before you buy an Apple Watch.
One of them is a functional iCloud account. You will learn how this becomes important during the set up process with the Apple Watch. Other points from my list might be even more important to you.
At the end I will show you how to buy your own Apple Watch and I which resource you can use to find the best color combination.