iOS 12 & Swift 5 - App Design, UI/UX plus Development
What you'll learn
- Design app assets, icons and logos from scratch.
- Design wireframes, mockups and prototypes.
- Build aesthetic, clean and beautiful iOS apps that stand out on the app store.
- Apply animation and motion based design to bring interactivity to your app.
- Become an all-in-one UI/UX designer and iOS developer.
- Understand the thinking and principles behind great user experience and app design.
- Create custom controls that supercharge your UI.
- Learn how to build custom UI components and never rely on overused libraries.
- No previous coding or design knowledge is needed.
- An Apple MacBook laptop or iMac.
- Sketch (optional). If you can't get Sketch we use Figma as an alternative because it's free.
Welcome to the course that will take you from app design to code. This is a three-in-one course aimed at helping you master app design, UI/UX and iOS app development from absolute beginner to advanced professional.
The top iOS apps clearly set themselves apart from all the rest with amazing user interfaces and modern user experience design. We see them featured on the iOS App Store and as winners of Apple's Design Awards. This simply means that app design and UI/UX are key factors for successful apps. But surprisingly, traditional iOS courses only go as far as teaching you how to build apps with nothing on app design and UI/UX. This course is different in that it goes well beyond just teaching you how to code.This course includes app design and UI/UX to help you build the kind of apps that stand out on the App Store.
We will cover how to use app design tools like Sketch and Figma to create app assets, icons, logos, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. We will learn essential UI/UX principles such as usability testing, user journey mapping, motion design, micro-interactions, typography and much more. We will also master iOS development to bring our app design to code and build over 20 different apps along the way.
What kind of improvements to your app can you expect by the end of this course? A recent study by Forrester Research concluded a well designed user interface could raise conversion rates by up to 200% and a better UX design could raise conversion rates up to 400%. Clearly, learning app design and UI/UX is well worth the effort. It just might be what makes or breaks your app.
This course is perfect for app designers who would like to learn how to code and app developers who would like to learn how to design. If you are an absolute beginner in both design and code you are still in the right place. This course starts by assuming you have never designed or coded before and builds up at a comfortable pace before getting into more advanced topics.
The trick to really mastering design or code is practice and this course recognises that. All our app designs will be created from scratch and our apps will be coded line by line without any help from libraries. Plus, there are dozens of quizzes and challenges to reinforce everything we learn. For more enthusiastic learners, there are further reading topics and bonus articles to help you go beyond this course's main curriculum.
All the tools we use in this course are free. Sketch is the only exception to this because Sketch requires a paid license to use. If you cannot afford Sketch then that's no problem! This course includes Figma as an alternative to Sketch and Figma is free. We will cover the same topics in Figma as we do Sketch so there's nothing you will miss. If you are feeling like taking on an extra challenge, you are more than welcome to master both Sketch and Figma!
I certainly hope to see you around in this course where we have quite the journey ahead of us. Let's get started with mastering app design, UI/UX and iOS development!
Who this course is for:
- iOS developers who would like to learn how to both design and code.
- Graphic or UI/UX designers who would like to learn how to bring their app designs to code.
- iOS developers looking to learn how to design great looking apps that also deliver incredible user experience.
Over the years, I have learnt that to keep up with a fast changing and ever competitive environment, it's best to keep up with new trends. This has helped push me into building everything from apps, games and even websites.
I have recently taken up teaching because I would like to share my passion for code. I believe I can provide students with an edge based off my personal experience working with real clients. I aim to offer real world and practical development skills in the courses I teach.