API (REST/SOAP) Testing using JMeter with Real Examples
- Basic understanding of Web Services will be an added advantage, though we would be covering in lectures.
Apache JMeter is an open source tool for performance testing. It is widely also used for functional testing of API services. This course will teach how test Web services (REST/SOAP) using JMeter. JMeter is highly used in comparison tool SOAP UI & Rest Assured library as it is free and no coding skills required.
This course will not teach theory but it is 100% practical, also teaching with Real Live examples, not just some mock API's.
In this course we would be covering below topics, for detail list please check the Curriculum.
- What is API Testing & why we need to do?
- What is JMeter and Installation.
- Jmeter Components for API Testing
- Test Plan
- thread group
- Scenarios of REST API (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE)
- Scenarios of SOAP Webservice
- Handling CSV Files
- JMeter Function needed for API Testing
- Real Project Examples and Reporting
- QA Engineers who want to learn how to test API's
- Software developers who would like to learn the art of API Test automation
- You will learn How to test Web services and REST API using JMeter
- Any Graduate who want to kick start their carrier into testing
- Brief of Course
- What is Performance Testing
- Why Performance Testing
- Techniques of Performance Testing
- What & types of API's
- API Examples
- Why API Testing is important
- HTTP Commands
- HTTP Protocols
- HTTP Error Codes
- What is JMeter
- Why JMeter
- Java Installation
- Installation of JMeter
- Overview of JMeter
- Thread group components
- Creating REST Script - GET
- Test Plan Part 1
- Test Plan Part 2
- Readme - How to import code files in JMeter
- Thread Group
- Simple Controller
- Loop Controller
- Random Controller
- HTTP Header Manager
- Google Drive Authorization
- Post API - Part 1
- Information about Google Drive API - POST
- Post API - Part 2
- Information about Google Drive API - PUT
- Put Api
- Information about Google Drive API - DELETE
- Delete Api
- Difference between SOAP _ REST
- Creating Script - SOAP API
- Using CSV Data config
I have be in software testing since a decade. Worked with different testing techniques along with exploratory testing. Performed different regression, performance, api etc testing with tools and libraries like selenium, jmeter, loadrunner, protractor, rest assured, Katalon and others.
Worked with various MNC's on various profiles and managed automation projects.
Objective: to help software testing community