- 18.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build APIs that iOS apps & Android apps can talk to
- Deploy APIs in Node to live servers
- Deploy live MongoDB instances on servers that the APIs can talk to
- Write code in ES6 for API development or for general programming
An overview of this node course and what you will be learning. We'll talk about node, express, MongoDB, and our general path for API development.
A quick overview of the tools we'll need to get up and running with REST API development with node
In this lesson, we skip ahead and go ahead and create a simple node api just so you can see what the process looks like. At this point, we don't expect you to understand everything, the point is just to give you a glimpse of where we are going using node, express, and es6
In this introduction, we talk about what we are going to build with node in this section and where we will end up.
In this very in depth lesson, we start with the basics we have created and then refactor to make this a more robust node API. We first refactor from a restaurant api and turn it into a foodtruck api. We add properties into our data model, as well as add a second data model and show you how to store references in each, so that we avoid nested data in our database as much as possible.
In this lesson, we setup authentication middleware using passport so that we can authenticate users. We also set up json web tokens, so that we can pass a token back to the user to be used for secured endpoints. Finally we walk through the process of securing some of our node endpoints while leaving others open for unauthenticated use.
An overview about how we will deploy our node server so we can have a public API
- No coding experience required, though basics programming skills will help build restful APIs
- Must have a Mac or a PC to create REST API in Node
Beginner API development in Node, Express, ES6, & MongoDB
Are you a mobile app developer that needs a backend API & database?
Do you have an mobile product idea?
Do you want to create your own startup?
Or do you want to become a backend developer?
This is THE course for you.
We have taught over 50,000 students how to code and so many of them have the same question, "How can I build a server for my mobile apps?"
What you will learn:
- API development
- CRUD & REST
- How to get an iOS app to talk to your API
- How to get an Android app to talk to your API
- Tooling & automation
- Professional coding tips & practices
- And so much more....
This course is for ANYONE - but we specifically designed it to take mobile developers to the next level by helping them build their own APIs for their apps!
- Mobile app developers who want to build a back-end server
- Anyone who wants to learn REST API development
- Web app developers who need a back-end API for their app using Node
- Anyone who wants to create a SAAS product or mobile startup that needs an API