Apache Web Server
What you'll learn
- Introduction to Apache Web Server, Lab Setup Details, How to Launch Single Website, What are the different configuration options and their use
- How to Launch Multiple Websites, What is Virtual Hosting, Named Based Virtual Hosting, IP Based Virtual Hosting, How to test web sites
- Use elinks, lynx and curl browsers, What is Host Based Security, How to grant/deny access based on IP and Network, How to Implement Apache User Authentication
- What is the role of .htaccess File, How to implement and Use Per-user Web Directories, What is LAMP Stack, How to Launch HTTPS Website
- How to Create and Use Databases
- Launching a Simple LAMP Application
- Testing HTTPS Website
- How to Launch Apache Web Server On AWS Cloud and Link Third Party Certificate to Implement Secure Website
- Basics of Linux
There are mainly 3 web servers are available. They are Apache, Nginx and IIS. But Apache is the most used web server. Apache is very important part of LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mariadb, PHP) stack. This course covers simple as well as advanced topics. Step by step details of how we have setup the lab is also given. We are using CentOS 7 for Apache Web Server Implementation. What are the packages required for implementing various concepts. How to install those packages & verify.
How to use Apache Web Server. How to make changes in Apache configuration file. What is home page. What is DocumentRoot. How to change the web server listening port. How to Launch Single Website. How to launch multiple sites on single IP Address. Named Based Virtual Hosting. IP Based Virtual Hosting. How to test web sites. How to use elinks, curl and lynx browsers. What is Host Based Security. How to block access based on IPs and Networks. What is User Authentication. How to make sure that only authenticated users are able to access the website. What is the role of .htaccess file. Per-user web directories. How to enable users to launch their own websites using home directory. How to configure other options such as Indexes, Redirect. What is LAMP Stack. How to configure LAMP Stack. How to create and use databases. Launching a simple LAMP Application. How to Launch HTTPS Web Site. How to create private key and generate self signed certificate.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn Apache Web server
- Anybody who wants to have knowledge about LAMP Stack
- Anybody who wants to know how to Implement Secure Website
Vipan Kumar Gupta is BE, Redhat Certified Engg (RHCE), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Cisco Certified (CCNA), Microsoft Certified (MCSE, MCSA). He has got more than 27 years of experience in IT related fields. His specialization is in Networking, Security, Linux, Cloud Computing, Docker, Kubernetes and SDN. During his long career he has been associated with various Universities, Engineering Colleges, Polytechnics, Private Institutes and Corporate Sector. He is interacting with both corporate and academic world. He is author of 2 Linux, 1 Software Defined Networking and 1 Kubernetes book. He has published more than 20 research papers in international publications. He has conducted hundreds of Workshops/STCs on various technologies.