Apache Pinot : A Hands on Course
What you'll learn
- Learn about A highly scalable realtime OLAP System: Apache Pinot
- Get Hands on experience with Pinot
- Learn about batch and stream ingestion and how Pinot can support both
- Learn about all the components of Pinot
- Learn about the various optimizations which can be done in Pinot to improve Query latencies
- Basic SQL knowledge and big data knowledge will be helpful, but it is not mandatory
Apache Pinot is a Realtime Distributed Analytical Datastore. It can handle millions of real-time events per minute and can also serve queries in a few milliseconds.
Pinot is a new Big Data Technology that is being adopted by multiple companies like Linkedin, Uber, Slack, Target, Walmart, and many others. With real-time analytics of big data becoming pretty important, Learning an On-Demand Technology like Pinot will be a great addition to your skillset.
Pinot is mainly used in User facing Realtime Analytics where end-users of an application can directly send queries to Pinot. User-facing applications need to respond back in a few milliseconds and also need to handle a huge volume of requests. Pinot can do both of these really well. Pinot can also be used to get insights from real-time data.
I have created this Hands-On Course on Apache Pinot so that you can get a good understanding of what Pinot is and when to use it.
This course covers the following topics
An introduction to Pinot.
Typical use cases for Pinot.
Hands-On sessions to set up a complete Pinot cluster in your local machine.
A quick introduction to Kafka to show how it can be used along with Pinot for Stream Ingestion.
Stream and Batch ingestion in Pinot with corresponding Hands-On Sessions.
Improving query latencies with Indexing in Pinot with a Hands-On Session.
Improving query latencies in Pinot using pre-aggregation techniques with a Hands-On Session.
Different types of queries which are supported by Pinot.
This course ensures that you get a good idea about the various concepts of Pinot. Also, the Hands-On sessions ensure that all the concepts you have learned can be implemented practically.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn a real time Analytical system which can serve 1000s of queries per second and can handle millions of records in volume
- Developers who want to learn a system which can support both batch and stream ingestion and implement them hands on as well
- Developers who want to learn a new and upcoming technology in the big data space
- Developers who want to add a new and on demand technology to their skillset
- Developers who want to learn, how an analytical system can be optimized to serve low latency queries
I am a Software Engineer, a curious techie, and a part-time tech blogger.
I have a good amount of experience in dealing with highly scalable distributed applications in production.
The applications I work on, deal with millions of records coming in every minute and also respond to millions of HTTP requests every minute.
I Love to teach and maintain a personal blog where I write articles on a variety of technical topics.
As an Instructor in Udemy I want to ensure that I am able to teach the concepts that I know in an easy and understandable manner.