Apache Kafka Security (SSL) Tutorial for Beginners
What you'll learn
- Understand What is Encryption, Authentication and Authorization
- Able to Enable Security features in Apache Kafka
- Nothing about Kafka , we will start for scratch.
- Basic Knowledge of Computer
- Basics of Apache Kafka
This course will explore the basic concepts of security like Encryption, Authentication, Authorization using SSL and enable security in Apache Kafka. Finally, we will conclude with configuring producer, consumer application and how to run producer and consumer.
The target audience would be the people who are willing to know about Apache Kafka Security, All the material which is used in this course is attached and External Documentation which is helpful further.
You can complete this course with in 2hours and please don't ignore any Quiz.
We made this course such a way that everyone can understand easily, we added the basic concepts in the beginning lectures , then added advanced topics and finally taught how to use the Kafka server in real time with the example.
Apache Kafka is creating a lot of buzz these days. While LinkedIn, where Kafka was founded, is the most well known user, there are many companies successfully using this technology. So now that the word is out, it seems the world wants to know: What does it do? Why does everyone want to use it? How is it better than existing solutions? Do the benefits justify replacing existing systems and infrastructure?
In 0.10.x, the Kafka community added a number of features that, used either separately or together, increases security in a Kafka cluster. The following security features are currently supported:
- Authentication of connections from producers and consumers using SSL
- Authentication of connections from brokers to ZooKeeper
- Encryption of data between clients and servers using SSL
- Authorization of sending / receiving permissions by clients
Who this course is for:
- Students who wants to learn Security
- Students who wants to do a job in middleware
- Students who wants to learn What is is Encryption, Authentication and Authorization
I have been working in the Information technology field from past six years and I worked with many reputed companies in USA as well as in India. I have hands-on experience with multiple technologies like Apache Kafka, Storm, Hadoop, Spark, Java and Linux etc. I am interested in learning all the new things and I learned most of these technologies by myself.
I am here on the Udemy to share my experience and knowledge with you.