Apache Kafka Crash Course for Java and Python Developers
What you'll learn
- Kafka Basics: Key Architecture Components and Data Flow
- Kafka Admin Client API (Java in Spring for Kafka and Python kafka-python)
- Kafka Producer Client API (Java in Spring for Kafka and Python kafka-python)
- Kafka Consumer Client API (Java in Spring for Kafka and Python kafka-python)
- Schema Registry (Java in Spring for Kafka and Python confluent-kafka)
- Kafka Connect for Data Pipelining into and out of Kafka
- Overview of Stream Processing with Kafka
- Kafka Streams in Java and Spring for Kafka
- Faust Stream Processing with Python
- Basic understanding of Docker along with comfortability using the CLI and familiarity with either Java or Python programming languages.
A fast track to gain the skills needed to work with Apache Kafka as a Java or Python Software Engineer by taking the Kafka Crash Course developed and presented by a 2X Confluent Kafka Certified Engineer!
In this course students, Java or Python Software Developers, will be taken on a fast track journey to attaining skills required to harness the amazing power of Apache Kafka. Students gain the practical knowledge to build loosely coupled distributed systems that scale to insane levels of throughput while maintaining unprecedented resiliency.
Topics covered include:
Kafka Basics of Key Architecture Components and Data Flow
Kafka Admin API (In Java with Spring for Kafka as well as in Python)
Kafka Producer API (In Java with Spring for Kafka as well as in Python)
Kafka Consumer API(In Java with Spring for Kafka as well as in Python)
Confluent Schema Registry (In Java with Spring for Kafka as well as in Python)
Kafka Connect to Import and Export Data to/from Kafka from Common Source/Sink Systems
Overview of Stream Processing Basics with Kafka (Kafka Streams in Java and Faust Streams Python Framework)
The Apache Kafka Crash Course for Java and Python Developers is specifically designed for quickly getting Developers up to speed using Apache Kafka to be prepared for upcoming interviews or make timely yet significant contributions implementing Apache Kafka pub/sub messaging or event streaming in their current roles. The course provides a balance of fundamental theory on the inner workings of Apache Kafka's storage mechanism along with the know how to tune producer and consumer applications for performance and resiliency. This course is packed full of practical examples with code samples for putting the theoretical content into practice in two of the most popular languages used in industry, Java and Python.
Who this course is for:
- Software Developers and Software Architects with experience programming in Java or Python interested in using Kafka for building robust, scalable, decoupled systems.
Experienced Software Engineer with a demonstrated history of working in High-Tech Enterprises like Digital Media, Biotech, and Financial Services. Skilled at crafting well engineered solutions (responsive, scalable, fault tolerant with sensible observability) across multiple technology frameworks and languages spanning all layers of the enterprise. Server-side development experience includes Python, NodeJS/Typescript, and Java paired with client technologies like JavaFX, ElectronJS, VueJS and ReactJS. Early career exposure to the challenges of high volume high complexity data in the sciences provided a strong foundation in analytics and data engineering spanning simple automation to distributed computing technologies like Celery, Redis, Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kinesis and, deep understanding of relational databases (PostgreSQL especially).