Apache Kafka Architecture
What you'll learn
- Get Ready for Kafka JOB INTERVIEW!
- Fully Understand Architecture of Apache Kafka
- Embrace Consumer Group Abstraction
- How partitions are assigned to a group of consumers?
- Understand how data is replicated in cluster
- What is Delete Cleanup Policy and how to calculate correct config values?
- How Log Compaction can help reduce disk usage?
- How to batching of messages together on Producer and Consumer sides?
- When is a good idea to use Compression in Kafka?
- What role Controller plays in Kafka Cluster?
- Deep understanding of Rebalance Protocol
- How Static Membership can avoid undesired rebalances?
- Incremental Cooperative Rebalance and its benefits over Eager Rebalance
- General Computer Science Knowledge
You want to prepare to your Kafka Job Interview?
Or just want to know how Kafka works inside?
You are in good company!
My name is Anatolii and I am a Software Developer in the Internet of Things.
Every second we receive tons of data from our sensors and we've chosen Kafka as a backbone of our distributed backend application.
In this course, I am using my practical experience of running Apache Kafka in production and describe in detail the Architecture of Kafka and the motivation behind it.
This course is for you if:
you want to prepare for a Kafka Job Interview questions
you want to make better architectural decisions for your messaging system
more easily debug production issues with Kafka
or just want to know how Kafka is built inside.
We will cover:
Consumer Groups and rebalancing of partitions across Consumers
Replication of data in Kafka for redundancy and recovery
Different options to clean space in Kafka (delete or compact the logs)
Batching and compressing messages
Fault tolerance in Kafka Cluster
Incremental Cooperative Rebalance
We will also run Kafka in Docker to investigate Kafka files and their structure.
In this dense course, I've combined information from these primary sources:
The actual Kafka code
Kafka Improvement Proposals (KIP) - internal discussions in the Kafka community that describe the feature before its implementation
and of course, the knowledge I received personally from running Kafka in High Load production
If you want to know how Kafka is built or get prepared for your Kafka Job Interview I am glad to see you on the course!
Who this course is for:
- You want to prepare to Kafka Job Interview Questions
- Interested in how Kafka works
- You need to evaluate if Kafka is a good fit for your project
- You want to learn design of modern Scalable Distributed Systems
Hi, my name is Anatolii.
I am a Software Developer in the Internet of Things company, where I design and build high-load service architectures.
And I love teaching (doing this for 8 years).
I am interested in how things are built inside and always eager to simplify the coding experience.
Also, I love kayaking (as you could guess by my photo :-D )
I am an Education Technology Enthusiast and Convinced Learner. Happy to share my knowledge :)