Apache kafka - A Complete Hands-on Kafka Developer's Guide
- 8 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand Apache Kafka Ecosystem, Architecture, Core Concepts and Operations
- Master Concepts such as Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Producers, Consumers
- Start a personal Kafka development environment
- Learn major CLIs: kafka-topics, kafka-console-producer, kafka-console-consumer, kafka-consumer-groups, kafka-configs
- Create your Producers and Consumers in Java to interact with Kafka
- Program a Real World Twitter Producer &ElasticSearch Consumer
- A recent Windows / Mac / Linux machine with minimum 4GB of RAM, 5 GB of disk space
- Some understanding of Java Programming
- Good to have knowledge about Linux command line
- Desire to learn something awesome and new!
Apache Kafka has become the leading distributed data streaming enterprise big data technology. Kafka is used in production by over 33% of the Fortune 500 companies such as Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Walmart, and LinkedIn.
To learn Kafka easily, step-by-step, you have come to the right place! No prior Kafka knowledge is required.
If you look at the documentation, you can see that Apache Kafka is not easy to learn...
Thanks to my several years of experience in Kafka and Big Data, I wanted to make learning Kafka accessible to everyone.
We'll take a step-by-step approach to learn all the fundamentals of Apache Kafka.
At the end of this course, you'll be productive and you'll know the following:
The Apache Kafka Ecosystem Architecture
The Kafka Core Concepts: Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Replicas, Producers, Consumers, and more!
Launch your own Kafka cluster in no time using native Kafka binaries – Windows / MacOS X / Linux
Learn and Practice using the Kafka Command Line Interface (CLI)
Code Producer and Consumers using the Java API
Real-world project using Twitter as a source of data for a producer and ElasticSearch as a sink for our consumer
Note: The hands-on section is based on Java, which is the native Kafka programming language. But, good news! Your learning in Java will be completely applicable to other programming languages, such as Python, C#, Node.js or Scala, and Big Data frameworks such as Spark, NiFi or Akka.
- Developers who want to learn the Apache Kafka Fundamentals, start a cluster and write their first application
- Architects who want to understand how Apache Kafka fits into their solution architecture
- Anyone looking to learn the full theory of how Apache Kafka works as a distributed system
This lecture provides an overview of the course and the course objectives.
This video describes the prerequisites in order to be able to setup your own development
This lecture explains how kafka works, how it will help you and some use cases of Kafka
Here we talk about the apache Kafka architecture for batch and real time processing, and we will an overview about the highly available multi-datacenter streaming, using confluent to manage your transition to the cloud or back and the automatic data balancing