Apache kafka - A Complete Hands-on Kafka Developer's Guide
What you'll learn
- Understand Apache Kafka Ecosystem, Architecture, Core Concepts and Operations
- Master Concepts such as Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Producers, Consumers
- Start a personal Kafka development environment
- Learn major CLIs: kafka-topics, kafka-console-producer, kafka-console-consumer, kafka-consumer-groups, kafka-configs
- Create your Producers and Consumers in Java to interact with Kafka
- Program a Real World Twitter Producer &ElasticSearch Consumer
- A recent Windows / Mac / Linux machine with minimum 4GB of RAM, 5 GB of disk space
- Some understanding of Java Programming
- Good to have knowledge about Linux command line
- Desire to learn something awesome and new!
Apache Kafka has become the leading distributed data streaming enterprise big data technology. Kafka is used in production by over 33% of the Fortune 500 companies such as Netflix, Airbnb, Uber, Walmart, and LinkedIn.
To learn Kafka easily, step-by-step, you have come to the right place! No prior Kafka knowledge is required.
If you look at the documentation, you can see that Apache Kafka is not easy to learn...
Thanks to my several years of experience in Kafka and Big Data, I wanted to make learning Kafka accessible to everyone.
We'll take a step-by-step approach to learn all the fundamentals of Apache Kafka.
At the end of this course, you'll be productive and you'll know the following:
The Apache Kafka Ecosystem Architecture
The Kafka Core Concepts: Topics, Partitions, Brokers, Replicas, Producers, Consumers, and more!
Launch your own Kafka cluster in no time using native Kafka binaries – Windows / MacOS X / Linux
Learn and Practice using the Kafka Command Line Interface (CLI)
Code Producer and Consumers using the Java API
Real-world project using Twitter as a source of data for a producer and ElasticSearch as a sink for our consumer
Note: The hands-on section is based on Java, which is the native Kafka programming language. But, good news! Your learning in Java will be completely applicable to other programming languages, such as Python, C#, Node.js or Scala, and Big Data frameworks such as Spark, NiFi or Akka.
Who this course is for:
- Developers who want to learn the Apache Kafka Fundamentals, start a cluster and write their first application
- Architects who want to understand how Apache Kafka fits into their solution architecture
- Anyone looking to learn the full theory of how Apache Kafka works as a distributed system
Hello! It is a great feeling to assert that Apex Education is a very creative, adjuvant and favorable platform that offers different types of professional IT-related courses. The courses are made with much elaboration and minute details by the experienced and top-level experts and personnel. The language used in these courses is lucid and accessible to all types of learners that will help them gain mastery over those courses in less time.
The success of the students who have been working in different countries in different fields and the feedback from them speak a lot. Thousands of students have already enrolled in our courses and it’s still counting. We are eager to enrich your knowledge about software, creative design and development, marketing and other topics.
Our aim is to teach the learners about relevant courses that enable them to get better placement to lead a successful life.
Waiting for you eagerly.