Apache Airflow on Linux - VM: Oracle Cloud Infrastructure
What you'll learn
- Provisioning Oracle Linux Virtual Machine - environment though Oracle Cloud infrastructure
- Apache Airflow Installation on Oracle Linux and operating the task scheduling through DAG
- Provisioning Autonomous Oracle Database on OCI
- Accessing Autonomous Oracle Database though Client (sqlplus) on Linux
- DAG - Directed Acyclic Graph programs
- DAG program for Data extract from Autonomous Database with Linux / Unix Shell scripting.
- Enabling and Provisioning GUI environment in Oracle Linux - Oracle Cloud Infrastructure.
- Access to Oracle Cloud Insfrastructure - Atleast the free tier
- Basic Knowledge of Python, linux/Unix commands would be beneficial towards better understanding
This course covers three different niche topics on which one can build their technical expertise:
1. Apache Airflow - Installation and DAG basics & scheduling DAG programs
2. Linux -VM on Oracle cloud Infrastructure (Provisioning of Oracle Linux - cloud & install Apache airflow & operating it)
3. Oracle Autonomous Database on Cloud ( Provisioning the DB and understand Data extract through Apache airflow task scheduling).
Note : Since Oracle is offering always free tier option - you can provision Linux VM and Oracle Autonomous DB even after expiry of 30 days free trial and make your learning more effective at any point of time.
Apache Airflow is an open-source platform to programmatically author, schedule and monitor workflows.
Apache Airflow is a fully managed workflow orchestration service that empowers you to author, schedule, and monitor pipelines that span across clouds and on-premises data centers. Apache Airflow open source project and operated using the Python programming language.
Apache Airflow pipelines are configured as directed acyclic graphs (DAGs) using Python, making it easy for users of any experience level to author and schedule a workflow.
With Cloud Computing gaining significance – Virtualization (Virual Machine) are gaining momentum and re-defining & optimizing Hardware and Software solutions. In this course you would learn about building a cloud virtual environement through Oracle Linux using Oracle cloud - free tier. This course will present you with sequence of steps towards installation of Apache Airflow on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and then view them through VNC viewer.
Finally, as we would be using Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, one can create Oracle Autonomous Database quite easily and work towards creating a DAG file, which will be scheduled from Apache airflow towards data extract from Oracle Database, through Linux shell scripting task. This is one of the most common use case for Apache Airflow.
Who this course is for:
- IT consultants
- ETL developers
- Data Engineers
Having over 25 + years of IT industry experience (Product development, Consulting & Training).
His last engagement was with Oracle India (initially with consulting and then with Oracle university) , which was for more than 12 years. Prior to this, had worked with Cap Gemini (formerly iGate Global Solution), GE to name a few.
Had managed projects and programs in Enterprise Resource Planning and Business Intelligence implementations in the range of 3000 man days with revenue about 6mil US$ per year. These projects are on industry domains, such as Oil and Gas, Process Manufacturing, Hi-Tech Retail & Telecom across the globe.
Was awarded with "pace setter" , "best managed " project awards in recognition of efforts in project management.
He was also instrumental in design, development and roll-out of Graduate Hire program on Oracle Products stack for partner IT services companies in recent times.
Right from college was fascinated about devices and sensor interaction with computer, which made him focus on micro-controller in early 90's and that eventually attracted him towards field of Internet of things and Machine learning, AI these days.
Due to his vast experience, he has crafted varied unique courses in Udemy related project management, Internet of things, ERP & BI, Database modeling and design, SQL, Linux and more importantly on Cloud Infrastructure. Has plans to create more, as his passion has been on knowledge acquisition and sharing.
He is certified as
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Professional.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Architect Associate.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure 2021 Cloud Operations Associate.
Oracle Autonomous Database Cloud 2021 Certified Specialist
Oracle Machine Learning using Autonomous Database 2021 Certified Specialist
Also certified in Python, IOT by NPTEL (Govt of India ) recently.
He holds a degree in engineering (Computer science) with MBA and a certified PMP since 2007