ACE the AP Statistics Exam and MASTER Elementary Statistics!
What you'll learn
- Understand the concepts of most elementary college and advanced placement statistics courses.
- Describe patterns and departures from patterns using descriptive statistics.
- Interpret information from graphical and numerical displays and summaries.
- Plan and conduct statistical studies by looking at data collection and analysis. Observational studies and experiments are both considered as well as proper sampling techniques and possible biases that can occur.
- Explore random phenomena using probability and simulation. Both discrete and continuous probability models are considered and sampling distributions are introduced.
- Estimate population parameters using statistics and testing hypothesis. The student will be able to construct a confidence interval and hypothesis test for numerical and categorical data.
- Successfully complete a college entry level statistics class and achieve success on the Advanced Placement Statistics Exam.
- Fundamentals of Algebra.
Want to ace the AP Statistics exam and also do well in your class? Maybe you are taking an elementary or introductory statistics course in college and need the extra help. We'll help you do it with 90 lessons, including several hours of illustrated lecture video, several worked-out example questions, and a complete understanding of the graphing calculator and its statistical capabilities.
Each lesson also comes with a downloadable word document of course notes to help you learn the material as you watch the video lessons.
Although our course is catered towards high school students taking the AP test, college students in a first year statistics course will also find this class life-saving.
Did we mention you'll also have an awesome teacher?
Jerry Linch obtained his B.S. in Mathematics from the University of Nebraska and M.S. in Statistics from the University of Houston Clear Lake. With several years of practice in the actuarial field, he has an excellent understanding of the material and can explain the concepts at a level which any entry level student can understand. If you want a comprehensive course of all the AP Statistics topics and most all elementary statistics topics covered in a college course and explained with ease, then this course is for you.
Who this course is for:
- Any student taking an elementary statistics course or AP Statistics should take this course.
I am excited to impart knowledge for your entry level statistics and AP statistics courses.
I am a graduate of the University of Nebraska where I earned my bachelors degree in Mathematics and Actuarial Science. I furthered my education in Texas and earned my Masters of Science degree in Statistics from the University of Houston Clear Lake.
My first career began in Galveston, Texas where I worked as an actuary for American National Insurance Company from January 1985 – August 1992. After eight years in the actuarial profession I decided to turn my efforts toward teaching. I taught the next eight years at two different public schools in the Houston area. After eight years of instruction, I switched my career path back to the actuarial field. I moved to Omaha, Nebraska for two years and worked with Central States Health and Life Company as a valuation actuary. My family and I returned to Texas where I continued the actuarial profession, once again, for American National Insurance Company in Galveston for the next three years. I currently teach AP Statistics and college math courses for a school in the Houston area.
I am excited to bring the classroom to you. I have always had a passion to teach and enjoy it very much. I hope you find the videos both educational and helpful!