Java Programming Essentials: AP Computer Science A
What you'll learn
- Learn essential Java programming skills and master big ideas in computer science
- Learn how to do programming and analyze a program
- Get prepared for AP Computer Science Exam, and work toward a perfect score 5
- Some Math knowledge at least Algebra one
- Some computer knowledge is preferred but not required.
[Please watch all preview videos before signing up this course]
This course covers the first of AP Computer Science which includes complete introduction for Java programming. The course is suitable for people who are seeking for a on-line class for introduction to Java programming, who is preparing for AP Computer Science Exam in high school and who want to sharpen their knowledge in Java.
This part 1 course includes elementary programming in Java, program structures, OOP, and basic data structures. This course revolutionize the way computer science is taught. Instead of teaching textbook chapter by chapter.
This course will be focused on an example program in each lecture. Lucid big idea in computer science will be introduced by the example program. It is followed by explanation of Java syntax and other language features. Practice questions, quizzes, and programming exercises will be given thereafter to enhance the understanding of the idea and to help to improve programming efficiency and test scores.
A spiral study model is suggested for student to build up good programming habits and shorten learning cycles in programming.
I would proudly say that this is one of the best Java Programming course on-line ever.
In this course, you will get:
(1) On-line lectures (with .pdf slides)
(2) sample programs (in Java)
(3) Quiz and exams (in multiple choice format) with solution
(4) AP format exam with solution.
(5) Free-online textbook access.
(6) Free on-line related information links and book chapters.
(7) Demo programs
(8) Lab projects
(9) Chapter projects.
(10) Facebook Q&A support and Gmail responses.
Who this course is for:
- High School STEM student working toward science and engineering school
- Students seek for basic computer knowledge for college preparation
- College students who want to sharpen their programming skills
- Working individuals who want to learn Java to boost up their career.
I love computational research and its application to real world. i have involved in many large-scale computer/communication product research development in many world-leading company such as HP, Micrel, and many startups. I also involved in founding a startup company. I also enjoy sharing my ideas through teaching. I hold many US and international patents in technical fields such as software development, mobile computing, IC design and communication receiver design. I am also a certified coach in Taekwondo in both UAST and AAU.
I also serve as an adjunct faculty for on-line M.S. program in Computer Science/Data Science at Lewis University, IL, USA.