Antiracism Made Simple
What you'll learn
- Understand the roots of racism and its impact
- Discover actionable steps and tools that help you challenge racism
- Understand how to engage in antiracist action, allyship and advocacy in the workplace
- Explore the principles of behaviour change and how it can be applied in different contexts and settings
- Learn how healthy and effective communication can help build stronger relationships and create inclusive environments at work
- The only requirements for doing this course is an open mind
This self-study, modular course offers practical tips and solutions to help individuals and teams create inclusive work environments and have healthy conversations about ethnicity and racial inclusion. It is for anyone who wants to know more about the principles of antiracist education, and understand how to engage in antiracist action. It is especially suitable for people who are new to or are nervous about the topic of racism, race or ethnicity, as well as anyone who is responsible for the Equality Diversity & Inclusion agenda in the workplace.
The benefits of racial inclusion in the workplace are plentiful and this course can help towards inclusion. Which is why, whether you’re a student, a professional, or someone who wants to make a difference in their community, our online course is for you.
Learning outcomes include:
Understanding the roots of racism and its impact on the wider community
Discovering actionable steps and tools that help challenge racism
Confidence on how to engage in antiracist action, allyship and advocacy in the workplace
You will benefit from this course if you:
Want to know more about the principles and practice of antiracist education
Are responsible for the Equality Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) agenda in your workplace and are open to other ideas to implement systems and processes
Are new to, or are nervous about the topic of race, ethnicity and racism and want to gain more confidence in this area
Who this course is for:
- People who want to know more about the principles and practice of antiracist education
- Anyone who is responsible for the Equality Diversity & Inclusion (EDI) agenda in the workplace
- People who are new to, or are nervous about the topic of antiracism, race or racism
I am the Founder & Chief Education Officer of Keep It Simple Training Company: Bespoke antiracism training, consultancy and e-learning, with simplicity!
Since 2020 I have worked in the EDI space, with a particular focus on antiracism. I do this by providing bespoke training consultancy to organisations who are working towards creating racially inclusive workplaces. I have been a keynote speaker on antiracism and racial inclusivity at conferences and was a TEDx Speaker in 2018. The work I have done in this time has included running workshops, conducting research on antiracism for one organisation, and consultancy and coaching to members of staff who are responsible for the EDI in the workplace.
I created Antiracism Made Simple online course because I know how hard it is to discuss issues around race and ethnicity as well as implementing policies and a change in practice and behaviour. My own experience of working towards antiracism has involved regular and respectful dialogue, with others and deep reflection with myself.
When it comes to my career I am an experienced leader with over 20 years in Senior Leadership Teams within the public sector. In academia, I lecture on a Business Administration apprenticeship programme, which includes EDI and policy, serve as Treasurer on the Executive Board of a local charity in Hackney, and is the Federation of Small Business Greater London Region Diversity & Inclusion Policy Lead.