How to Build an Anti-Racist Classroom
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Ideas for building an anti-racist classroom
- Self-reflection on teaching practices
- Tips for representing people from every background
- Techniques for amplifying diverse voices
- Insight into presenting history accurately
- Advice for handling racist incidents
- An understanding of why it's important to talk about race
- Clarity over the term 'white supremacy'
- The problems with a self-fulfilling prophecy
- Reasoning behind inclusive interaction
- A motivation to raise awareness
- Definitions of racism and anti-racism
- You should be a teacher with an open mind and a desire to help all students succeed, no matter their backgrounds
- You should be a teacher who wants to build an anti-racist classroom
The death of George Floyd in 2020 sparked a revolution: it was time to take action and make the world a more equal place. If we truly want to see the world become fairer and better, then equality starts early. It starts in education. Classrooms must be free of racism.
It's no longer enough to pretend that racism does not exist and that all students are fairly represented in the education system. Change needs to start today for a better future for all of us. The only way that will happen is through an anti-racist classroom.
'Anti-racism' is still a new term and most teachers are unfamiliar with it. In this course, we reflect on our own teaching practices and explore ways to build a classroom for all students.
- Teachers who are passionate about building classrooms where all students believe in themselves