Antenatal, birth and parenthood preparation course
This course aims to provide you with information that will enable you to make an informed choice during your birthing experience.
It will include information on pregnancy, birthing at Northwest Private hospital, labour and birth and the immediate postnatal period. It will also provide information on breastfeeding and adjusting to life with a newborn baby.
- pregnant women
- Northwest Private Hospital00:04
- Packing the Hospital Bag01:22
- Minor Discomforts of Pregnancy05:29
- Baby Movements in Pregnancy01:31
- Should I call the midwives?10 questions
- Baby's positioning07:27
- Group B Strep03:37
- Signs of end of pregnancy, labour and birth00:40
- Labour and birth Part One10:30
- Labour and birth Part Two03:28
- Drugs for labour and birth02:20
- Non medicated ways of easing labour pain01:08
- What comfort measure should I use?5 questions
- Delayed cord clamping00:57
- Telephone Tree1 question
I am a midwife with 28 years experience. I have worked in the UK, NZ and Australia. I have worked in many settings. I have a diploma in childbirth education and have provided traditional antenatal classes for a number of years.
In today's climate I believe it is necessary to be creative in the way that antenatal, labour, birth and postnatal education is presented. We all have busy lives and sometimes traditional attendance in a class environment isn't always easy.
Please enjoy the information presented and feel free to contact me for further information.