Ansible Essentials: Simplicity in Automation
- We recommend having basic Linux® system administration skills.
In this this official Red Hat® training course, Michelle Perz, a Senior Support Engineer for Red Hat Training, will teach students will the basics of Ansible and demonstrate the creation of a simple Ansible playbook from start to finish.
Ansible is an automation and configuration management technology used to provision, deploy, and manage compute infrastructure across cloud, virtual, and physical environments.
After attending this course, students will have a clear understanding of Ansible and the Ansible Way. Through short lectures and demonstrations, topics including ad hoc commands, playbooks, roles, ansible-galaxy and Ansible Tower will be explored.
Who this course is for:
- IT leaders, administrators, engineers, architects, and anyone else seeking a high-level understanding of Ansible and to learn to build Ansible from the ground up.
- 05:53What is Ansible and the Ansible Way?
- 04:41How Ansible Works
- 10:37Ad-Hoc Commands (and demonstration)
- 18:01Introduction to Playbooks (and demonstration)
- 04:17Introduction to Roles (and demonstration)
- 03:06Creating the Roles Structure with Ansible-Galaxy (and demonstration)
- 15:36Breaking an Existing Playbook into a Role (and demonstration)
- 09:09Creating a New Role (and demonstration)
- 07:26Utilizing Roles in your Main Playbooks (and demonstration)
- 07:32Overview of Ansible Tower (and demonstration)
Red Hat Training and Certification closes the gap between what you need and what you know. Whether you need to optimize existing systems or design new solutions, deepen expertise or discover new technologies, we’ll help you plan and navigate the journey. No one has more experience. From training through certification, we equip you for success so you can deliver business impact.