- You should have basic understanding of finances. While we try to keep it as easy to understand as possible, we do assume you know basic financial definitions.
If you have an annuity, are thinking about buying one, or just want to understand what they are, this course is for you. This course isn't to recommend or bash annuities, but simply to help you understand what annuities are. Note: There will be no product discussions, just an overview of annuities as an investment option.
What we will be discussing:
What is an annuity?
What are the different types of annuities?
What fees are involved with annuities?
Basics of riders
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who has or is considering purchasing any type of annuity.
- 00:55What is an Annuity?
- 00:18The "A word": What are Annuities? (Article)
- 01:02Annuity vs. Annuitization
- 00:27Annuity vs. Annuitization (Article)
- 01:01Benefits and Downfalls of Employer Sponsored Annuities
- 00:38Distributions from a Non-Qualified Annuity
- 00:16Exception of 59 1/2 Rule for Non-Qualified Annuities and Qualfied Annuities
- 01:03Tax Deferred
Don started his career helping Florida Retirement System employees set up and establish their 403(b)/TSA and 457/Deferred Comp retirement accounts in 2007. In 2009, Don began working as a BENCOR representative advising and managing 9 school district and college plans in central Florida.
Don partnered with his uncle Dave Anders in 2015 to form Anders & Anders Financial Group, and in July 2016 Don resigned as a BENCOR Representative to focus on running Anders & Anders full time. With decades of experience working with public employees, Anders & Anders primary focus is assisting retiring Florida Retirement System employees with their investment and insurance needs.
Don married the love of his life, Brianna, in 2005. They have three great children Teagan, Kelby, and Harper. In his free time, Don enjoys spending time with his family, fishing, basketball, audio books, and live theater.
" Securities and advisory services offered through Madison Avenue Securities, LLC (MAS), member FINRA/SIPC, and a Registered Investment Advisor. MAS and Anders & Anders Financial Group are not affiliated companies."