6. Annuities Due and Deferred
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- When you have completed this course, you will be able to determine the future value and present value of annuities due
- You will be able to determine the payment size of an annuity due when given either the future value or the present value
- You will be able to determine the number of required payments for an annuity due
- You will be able to determine the present value (cash value) of a deferred annuity
- You will be able to determine the periodic payment of a deferred annuity when given the present value and the deferral period.
- scientific calculator (with exponential function and logarithms) or a Business Financial calculator
- an understanding of how annuities work and compound interest calculations.
- to have the most benefit in this course, you might consider taking an introduction to annuities (an earlier course)
This short course discusses how the present and future value of annuities are affected when the payments are made in advance of the interest periods (i.e. at the beginning of each period), instead of at the end of the periods. We will also discuss deferred annuities which are the result of postponing the first annuity payment by more than one interest period.
With this course, you will receive a comprehensive set of course notes and examples which will be covered with the video lectures. The course might take you 3-4 days to complete although this will vary among students.
If you are interested in mathematics of finance and would like to study these topics in more depth, then this is an excellent introduction to the formulas used with annuities and how to solve finance problems.
- students who are in a Business Program at college or university
- CFA students
- individuals who are interested in mathematics of finance and financial calculations