Anime Academy: Anime Outfits 101
- 12 hours on-demand video
- 92 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will learn how to draw fabric
- Students will learn about fashion
- Students will be able to draw their own costumes
- Basic drawing skills
- Some experience with a drawing tablet and drawing program
- Just have fun drawing! :)
Anime Academy: Anime Outfits 101 is your go-to for designing your own anime outfits for illustrations or even for your own personal stories. This course will take you from having little knowledge about style and clothes, to creating good design and understanding the basics of how clothes work.
So what else is in it for you?
You’ll be designing 3 main projects in this course that will take you from just drawing basic clothes to creating your own outfit!
You’ll gain access to all 11 sections of the course. There are also 90 downloadable resources for you to use to help you with this course.
This course is set up to help you step by step with understanding the basics of clothes and style. It will help with creating interesting designs for characters that you want to create, as outfit design connects a lot with how the character’s personality is.
Don’t believe me? I offer you a full money back guarantee within the first 30 days of purchasing the course.
Here’s what’s in it for you:
You’ll get access to the 11 sections of the course that will teach you the fundamentals of drawing clothes and using that knowledge to design. The course has over 10 hours of content that I will walk you through each step of the way.
Here is what to expect in this course:
* The course starts with the basics. I will be teaching you the basics about drawing shirts, dresses, skirts and pants. You will also learn how to color them in a simple way. When coloring, you can also put these basic clothes together to make a simple outfit. I will also be teaching you how to draw the main template before starting.
* Next, after learning the basic clothes, you will learn how to draw accessories from simple to complex to go along with your outfit.
* Once you've learned basic clothes and accessories, you will learn how to draw different types of shoes ranging from sneakers to formal shoes.
* Then you are going to learn how to draw simple clothes in different views and in motion. In this section you will learn how cloth moves and flows, as well as the direction it is going in.
* From then, you will move onto the basics of style ranging from casual, formal, and Lolita style. This will help you on how to study what different styles look like and how you can execute them onto your design. You will also learn how to collect reference for your 3 main projects.
* And finally, for the next couple courses, you will start working on the 3 main projects: designing 3 types of casual, formal, and Lolita. This will take you from just drawing basic clothes to actually designing how your outfits will look. I will be walking through with the whole design process from reference gathering to showing you how to use it, as well as finalizing the colors.
Over the course of these 9 sections you will learn:
* How to draw shirts, dresses, pants, skirts
* How to draw a multitude of accessories
* Drawing different types of shoes
* Drawing clothes in different angles
* How to color clothes, shoes, accessories
* How to analyze style and use it in your design
* The importance of reference gathering
* How to use references to design an outfit
* How to design 3 types of casual outfits
* How to design 3 types of formal outfits
* How to design 2 types of Lolita outfits
What else will you get?
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Understanding how to create a unique outfit for character design
- Tutorial sheets as downloadable resources for each lecture
This all comes under one convenient easy to use platform. Plus you will get fast, friendly, responsive support on the Udemy Q&A section of the course or direct message.
So what are you waiting for? Sign up now and start creating your anime outfits!
- Beginner and intermediate artists wanting to draw outfits for their characters
This is a small introduction of what will be taught throughout the course!
In this video, we will be covering what you will need for this course (if you don't know what to choose, look at the links for drawing programs or tablets!):
Computer (OS or Windows)
Drawing tablet (SAI, Medibang, Photoshop, etc)
*Not Recommended but you can still use them*
In this video, I am listing some disclaimers to avoid confusion before starting this course.
This is a basic overview of how clothes wrap around the body. You can use which ever template down below to start drawing, if you are a beginner I'd suggest using the front template since it is easier!
In this lecture, we are going to do 3 types of shirts and dresses! Feel free to follow along and draw with me :) all the tutorials are down below if you need some help to draw them. Enjoy!
In this lecture, we are going to do outfits for guys! Feel free to follow along and draw with me :) all the tutorials are down below if you need some help to draw them. Enjoy!
In this lecture, we will be coloring in the female outfits! Brushes are available for download (if you can't use them, use brushes that are similar as an alternative)
Things to take note of:
Always start with the base color
Keep shading simple
The shading follows the folds of the clothes
Soften some edges to show the flow
In this lecture, we will be drawing 5 different rings from simple to complex! The tutorials and bases are down below for download!
In this lecture, we will be drawing 5 different bracelets from simple to complex! The tutorials and bases are down below for download!
In this lecture, we will be drawing a female sneaker and a male sneaker! The tutorials and bases are down below for download!
Welcome to the new section! For this lecture I am breaking down shirts and dresses in different angles as well as how they would look like in movement.
For this lecture I am breaking down skirts and pants in different angles as well as how they would look like in movement. For pants it's a bit different since they stick onto the body more, so for pants I'm doing different angles such as back and side view :)
Welcome to the section on Style! For this lecture I am showing you how to collect reference off from Pinterest and telling you the do's and don'ts in collecting images.
In this lecture I am going through the 2 types of casual clothes for girls. There are many more genre's of casual clothes however to keep the video short I decided to simplify it.
For the last video on this section, I am going through menswear ranging from casual to formal, as well as more tactical wear. This video is condensed since men's clothing is not as diverse as feminine fashion :) but for those who want to do male clothing and characters, this video gives some tips on what to look out for in these types of clothing!
Hey guys! Welcome to the first Draw with Me session! :D In this video you will see me drawing 3 types of casual outfits from start to finish. This entire process took over an hour so I broke it into 4 parts, enjoy :)
Welcome to the second Draw With Me session! We are doing formal clothing this time. This video is a bit shorter due to the designs being more simple and elegant. Enjoy!
Welcome to the last Draw With Me session! We are doing Lolita dresses this time. This video is the longest one and is rather complicated so take your time and feel free to pause or slow it down :)
Final part on this section~ We are completing stuff like coloring and details! I know I forgot to name these girls, so the girl on the left is named Anna and the right one is named Aria! :D Colored and blank versions are downloadable