Photoshop: Quick & Easy Animation Like a Professional
What you'll learn
- Harness the power of Photoshop to make simple or complex 2-D animations.
- Animate and draw directly over video clips to enhance or completely transform them.
- Access a full array of public domain and royalty-free still image and video resources to use in your own unique projects.
- Capture and animate complex movements with ease by using video as your guide.
- Create stunning animations and video combos that can be exported as movies or brought into other programs to be combined with other 2D and 3D media sources.
- Make simple but powerful animated GIFS for websites or social media pages.
- Nothing special is needed before taking this course except for an open mind and a willingness to play and experiment with Photoshop's animation tools. That said, those who have at least a basic familiarity with Photoshop will be the most comfortable getting started.
- Free trials of Photoshop are available from Adobe's website.
Are you ready to take your videos to the next level?
This easy to follow course will help you make original, custom animations using Adobe Photoshop that look professional and can be used as stand-alone movies (without needing any other software) or in combination with other video, animation, and multimedia software programs for a full range of effects and purposes. FREE trials of Photoshop are available at Adobe's website.
In this course you will learn my very favorite animation and video rotoscoping techniques to create powerful multimedia projects ranging from laughably simple (think stick figures waving) to more sophisticated and complex (such as my own award-winning series of films screened internationally in film festivals and online since 2002.)
In this course you'll learn step by step how to:
Harness the power of Photoshop to create simple or complex frame by frame animations, with or without using Photoshop's timeline.
Easily turn a regular video into a stop-motion animated video by making simple frame rate adjustments.
Apply a full range of effects to your video to create animated elements or a stand-alone animation even if you CAN'T DRAW.
Coax Photoshop to animate objects and layers for you (without having to draw anything) by making position, size, and opacity changes, to name just a few possibilities.
Craft multiple effects at once to create more complex final animations by using multiple layers.
Capture complex movements by bringing in video, drawing right over it, and (optionally) throwing the video guide out so all that is left is your new animation with its sophisticated movements. (That's rotoscoping!)
I start from the very beginning using Adobe Photoshop. Free 30 day trials of Photoshop are available from Adobe's website BUT many of the techniques I show you in this course (such as frame by frame animation) can be achieved in virtually any imaging software combined with your favorite video editing program.
All of my techniques are explained so you will 100% understand how they work. You can then decide how much time you will spend on each animation which will then affect your end results.
What Students Are Saying:
"Loved this course! Kristen is very thorough in her instruction and shows multiple ways to accomplish the various tasks included in the animation process. She discusses everything from where to get video to drawing techniques and final presentation. This was a fun course and I recommend it to anyone interested in learning the basics of animation in Photoshop or a similar program." -Deborah Wojcicki
I'm an Associate Professor of Digital Media who recently taught for universities, international schools, and NGOs in Myanmar from 2016-2019. I co-founded and directed the Film and Digital Media Program at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I'm now living in Lilongwe, Malawi and am a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Malawi).
Since 2000 I've been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses.
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this animating in Photoshop course and join our growing learning community! Click the "Take This Course" button in the upper right corner and let's get started building your animation, multimedia, and video skills today.
Who this course is for:
- This is a great course for those already familiar with Photoshop but who have never used it to do anything with animation or video before.
- This course is also useful for multimedia artists, animators, and video editors who have never tried adding Photoshop to their tool belt.
- Beginners and novices to Photoshop can also benefit from this course as you are walked through the entire process of animating over video step by step.
My goal is to empower ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
I'm an American/Portuguese multidisciplinary artist based in Malawi. After decades as a digital artist, I've reconnected with my fine art roots. My animated films have screened in over 75 international film festivals earning numerous “Best Animated Short Film” awards.
As an educator, I've taught at universities on four continents, including at The American University of Rome, where I co-founded the Film and Digital Media Program. I've worked as a designer and educator for organizations such as the WHO, UNICEF, UNFPA, UNDP, GIZ, and WFP and created multimedia programs for students from all walks of life. Since 2014, I've taught thousands of students online in 185 countries, and from 2016–2019, taught for universities and NGOs in Myanmar. I’m currently helping international and local creatives find solutions to their most pressing art, design, business, and tech problems through master classes for UN organizations, live and online mentoring, and consulting.
What can I help you with today?