AngularJS for the Real World - Learn by creating a WebApp
What you'll learn
- Develop a Real Time MV* Web Application with AngularJS and Firebase
- Build an AngularJS SPA (Single Page Application)
- Get familiar with concepts like 2-Way DataBinding, Services, Views, Routing, Directives and much more..
- Learn about the Angular built-in services, focusing on the $http service that will help you handling XHR
- Learn how to secure your application by building Authentication and Authorization functionalities
- Learn how to implement an AngularJS API in your application
- Master all the built-in AngularJS directives such as ng-repeat, ng-if, ng-switch, ng-show & ng-hide, ng-model, ng-controller and so on
- Write better code by implementing AngularJS best practices
- Beginner/Intermediate in HTML and CSS
In this Course you'll learn how to build an Angular 1.x Real Time Application using Firebase and AngularJS while leveraging great Angular Development best practices.
Added a new Section (30+ mins of brand new content): Authentication and Authorization with AngularJS and Firebase.
"The best AngularJS course I have seen", "Great course, with clear explanation, easy to follow and a lot of content", "Teaching and Learning Angular at it's best", "This course is simply awesome ... , after taking this course, I became aware of what I'm doing and what I'm coding".
This AngularJS course will teach you how this framework can dramatically improve your efficiency, reduce your coding time and deliver your next project as a Single Page Application (SPA).
You'll learn how to create AngularJS directives, controllers, modules, how 2-way data binding works and, more important, how to build an AngularJS Web Application from scratch.
You'll learn some of the best practices and how to deal with common mistakes that a developer can face when dealing with AngularJS projects and you'll dig deeper into the built-in components of this technology.
The framework is developed and maintained by Google. At the minute it has more then 1.3K contributors on GitHub and is being used in more than 243.000 live websites (Youtube, IndieGoGo, Aerlingus, Virgin America, Forbes are only a few) and is backed by a wide community (more than 122k questions only on stackoverflow).
There are plenty between documentation, tutorials, examples and fiddles in additions to discussion groups, specialized sites and forums where you can find inspiration or solutions to common problems.
If you are new to AngularJS, no worries. I will drive you through the main topics and will not assume that you are already familiar with the framework.
On the other hand, If you already know AngularJS, you know that it can be as sweet as a rainbow unicorn or as bitter as your worst nightmare: this is why we will teach you a few best practices as well as examples of patterns and anti-patterns all over the course, so that you'll learn a more efficient and clear way of coding your NG apps.
Content and Overview
In this course you'll find 7+ hours of video content; source code is provided for each lesson and in general there will be 2 downloadable attachments per lesson: the start and final source code; this will let you double check that your changes are correct as long as you proceed throughout each chapter. Links to external resources are also provided where useful. Last but not least, I will support you with each question you might have.
The course is divided in 16 sections, each one consisting in several videos (more than 63in total) where we will cover the different components of the AngularJS framework.
By the end of course, you will:
- Learn how to setup AngularJS and how its architecture is built; (Installation, MVW approach)
- Acquire familiarity with the main AngularJS components: modules, controllers, routing, 2 way data binding, dependency injection, prototypical inheritance, scopes, filter, directives, services and templates;
- We will talk a lot about forms, user data validation and filtering. You will learn how to implement a robust form with validation, thanks to Angular Forms and its built-in validator. In other words you will learn how to improve the user experience of your application;
- Learn how to use $http to query a webserver and handle promises in a response;
- Be able to build a full Backend Mock to test your application, by using the Angular $HttpBackend service in the NgMock module;.
- We will dedicate some lessons to custom directives: first a simple implementation then we will unveil the secrets of the "link function", how to isolate the scope and how to make directives reusable with any application.
- Transform your App into a Real Time application, and learn how to use Firebase and Angular to make updated content available in Real Time on any device.
- Learn how to secure your application by building Authentication and Authorisation functionalities.
What you will obtain at the end of the course
At the end of the course you will have a deep understanding of the basic concepts of AngularJS, and you will be ready to start your next project by using this great framework.
Who this course is for:
- This AngularJS (1.x) Course is meant for Web Developers looking to build a solid knowledge on AngularJS
- Beginners will find a solid AngularJS foundation enriched with real world examples and best practices
- Developers already familiar to AngularJS but looking to improve their skillset
I am a Digital Entrepreneur with 15 years experience in Software Engineering across multiple sectors, ranging from Fashion Industry to TLC, Financial, Media companies and Supply chains. I have a strong expertise in Oracle PL/SQL Database Analysis/Development. My skills encompass Database Design, Analysis and Development.