AngularJS Custom Directives with Dan Wahlin
What you'll learn
- Create custom AngularJS directives
- Explain how the link() function works for DOM manipulation
- Learn the role of $compile, $interpolate, $eval and more
- Create directives that use controllers and templates
- Leverage transclusion for dynamic content
- Understand the different options that can be used when creating directives
- Know the core features provided by jqLite
- Understand the compile process in directives including pre and post link functions
- Understand how to require other directives in a custom directive
- Explain what isolate scope is and why you would use it
- Learn how to define and use isolate scope local properties
- Much more!
- Existing experience with AngularJS is required (knowledge of views and built-in directives, controllers, factories/services, etc.)
- It is highly recommended that you take the AngularJS JumpStart course if you don't have existing experience with the framework
** Course updated new bonus articles about building custom directives **
Please note that this course covers version 1.x of AngularJS. This course does not cover Angular development (which is different than AngularJS).
There are many Angular courses on the Web now. Which one should you take? If you're looking to dive deeper into custom Angular directives and want to learn from a developer/instructor with over 20 years of experience who has also been awarded the Angular Google Developer Expert (GDE) award from Google then this is the course for you! Dan also created the popular AngularJS in 60-ish Minutes video on YouTube (over 1.9 million views) so if you enjoyed that then you'll love this course!
Are you interested in learning how to take your AngularJS skills to the next level? Have you been confused by terms like tranclusion, isolate scope, interpolation, local scope properties, and more? Have you wanted to build custom directives but didn't know where to start? Look no further than the Learn to Build AngularJS Custom Directives course by Dan Wahlin!
Throughout this course you'll be provided with a step-by-step look at the process of creating custom directives and cover key concepts that you need to know to take your AngularJS skills to the next level. Topics such as the $compile service, the directive definition object (DDO), the link() function, isolate scope, controller integration, transclusion, working with the $interpolate service, $asyncValidators, and much more are covered as well as techniques for structuring AngularJS directive code.
In addition to expert instruction by Angular Google Developer Expert (GDE) Dan Wahlin you'll also be provided with hands-on code samples that you can follow along with at your own pace. Just pause or rewind the video if you need to see the code again or jump right to the end solution that's provided if you'd like. Begin and end code is provided so that you can maximize your learning and become an expert in building directives! The modules covered in the course include:
Getting Started with Directives
Shared and Isolate Scope
The Link Function
Bonus Content - Custom Directives in Action and More
Bonus Content: Articles on Building Custom Directives
Many additional details are provided throughout the modules including coverage of the $parse and $interpolate services, how controllers and the link function can be used in concert, why and how to use transclusion to merge custom content, pros and cons of available coding approaches for custom directives, techniques for passing parameter data to functions when using local scope properties, and much, much more.
Who this course is for:
- AngularJS developers who want to know how to build custom directives
- AngularJS developers who want to take their skills to the next level
Dan Wahlin is a world-renowned developer and instructor who has been teaching developers for over 20 years and has a knack for making hard concepts easy to understand. Google, Microsoft, and Docker have recognized his contributions in the world of Web development and awarded him the Google GDE (Google Developer Expert), Microsoft MVP, Regional Director, and Docker Captain awards.