Angular Universal Masterclass & FREE E-Book
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Code in Github repository with downloadable ZIP files per section
- Learn how to use Angular Universal Effectively
- Learn how to build an Angular Universal Express Server from scratch, from first principles
- Learn how to Optimize an Angular Application for SEO and Social Media
- Learn how to take an existing Angular Application and turn into a server-side rendered application
- Learn how to use Angular Universal to pre-render certain parts of the application
- Learn how to build an Angular Universal server using @nguniversal
- Learn how to build a fine-grained Application Shell for delivering maximum startup performance
- Learn how to use the Transfer API to further speed up Application startup time
- Learn how to deploy an Angular Universal Application to Production using Firebase Hosting and Firebase Cloud Functions
- Just some previous knowledge of Angular and Typescript
This Course In a Nutshell
If you already know Angular, and would now like to dive deeper into the Angular ecosystem and learn Angular Server-Side Rendering, then this is the right course for you!
This course uses the Typescript language, and includes an auxiliary Ebook - The Typescript Jumpstart Ebook
In this course we are going to learn Angular Universal from first principles, by taking an existing Angular single page application and converting it into an Angular Universal Application.
We will learn how to optimize our application for initial startup performance by using a fine-grained Application Shell and the State Transfer API, and we will make the application SEO (search engine optimization) and social-media friendly.
We will then deploy it to production using Firebase Cloud Functions and Firebase Hosting and see the end result!
We will kick-start this course by going over in detail on the advantages of using Angular Universal in our application.
After this, we will go ahead and take an existing Angular Application and using the Angular CLI we will generate an Universal bundle that will allow us to render the application on the server side.
With the Universal bundle in place, we will introduce universal rendering by writing a command line utility that will pre-render only our application root route into plain HTML.
With this in place, we will go ahead and start writing our own Angular Universal Express Server from scratch, from first principles. This option will allow us to understand in detail how universal rendering works, and it will give us a lot of flexibility.
But if we want a ready to use Express server, we can also use @nguniversal, which we will also cover. Once we have our Angular Express application up and running, we will then make it SEO and social-media friendly.
We will then apply a couple of common performance optimizations that are commonly used in Angular Universal applications: we will implement from scratch a fine-grained Application shell, and we will also reduce the number of HTTP requests that the application does at startup time by using the State Transfer API.
We will then take our fully optimized Angular Universal application and we will deploy it in production using the Firebase ecosystem: we will host the static bundle files using Firebase Hosting, and we will deploy our universal server as a Firebase Cloud Function.
What Will you Learn In this Course?
At the end of this course, you will feel comfortable taking your existing Angular Application and turning it into a server side Angular Universal application.
You will understand the benefits of server-side rendering, and you will be able to optimize your application for both search engines and social media crawlers.
You will also know how to further optimize your universal application for performance, and you will know how to deploy it to production.
This course is available for pre-order. Have a look at the course free lessons below, and please enjoy the course!
- Developers looking to get in-depth knowledge on Angular Universal and Angular Server-side Rendering