Angular 7 New Features
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build an angular 7 app from scratch
- Use Angular Material to add styles to your app
- Upgrade an angular 6 app tp angular 7
- Create a new Angular 7 project with the angular-cli
- Install the new angular-cli globally on your machine
- Update an existing Angular 6 project to version 7
Compare and contrast an Angular 6 project with an upgraded Angular 7 project. See the major differences and similarities before and after the upgrade.
• Look at the differences between an Angular 6 project and an Angular 7 project
• Implement package.json for Angular 6 and Angular 7
• Analyze angular.json for Angular 6 and Angular 7
The New Angular 7 CLI command prompt has been added to the Schematics workflow with the capability to configure the schematics to suit developer needs.
• Create an Angular 7 Project
• Analyze the changes in the angular.json file
The CanLoad interface only has a single Route object, which provides only very minimal information. This results in the inability to access the URL segment after the ?, &, or the parameter in a matrix notation (;).
• Explore UrlSegment, which has been added to the CanLoad interface for Angular 7
• Learn in detail about the CanLoad interface
Angular Drag and Drop is one of the latest new features added to the Angular 7 Material Design CDK, allowing developers to create draggable content on the fly.
• Learn in detail about the new feature of Drag and Drop introduced in Angular 7
• Understand this feature with the help of a practical demo
Look at other important features, including ngcc, KeyValuePipe, content projection via slots, router feature warning, the capability to recover from malformed URLs, mapping feature for ngfactory and ngsummary files, Angular CLI documentation, and Ivy rendering engine.
• Explore various features of Angular 7
This course is quick, to the point, and informative. It covers each new feature that the framework has to offer to developers. You will also get to know what makes it different from Angular 6 and earlier versions of the framework. Then, you will learn to install the new Angular-CLI on your machine. Also, you will get the hang of other cool features such as virtual scrolling and drag and drop.
About the Author
Aside from his teaching career, Christian has more than 20 years' experience in web development and has built many websites and web-based applications using various Web technologies in the private sector. In the mid 1990's, he co-founded a multimedia and e-commerce company based in Los Angeles and Tokyo. In 2010, he co-founded a new private company to develop video games and produce indie films.
In his spare time, Christian enjoys exploring new web technologies, learning AR/VR development, and responding to questions on Quora and Stack Overflow.