Angular & NodeJS - The MEAN Stack Guide [2020 Edition]
- 12.5 hours on-demand video
- 21 articles
- 40 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build real Angular + NodeJS applications
- Understand how Angular works and how it interacts with Backends
- Connect any Angular Frontend with a NodeJS Backend
- Use MongoDB with Mongoose to interact with Data on the Backend
- Use ExpressJS as a NodeJS Framework
- Provide a great user experience by using Optimistic Updating on the Frontend
- Improve any Angular (+ NodeJS) application by adding Error Handling
Welcome to this course! Let me introduce myself and give you a first overview of the course content.
What does "MEAN" stand for? Let's explore the different pieces (MongoDB, Express, Angular & Node.js) that make up the MEAN stack and let's see WHY we combine them.
First things first: In order to fully understand the idea behind a MEAN app, we need to understand what a SPA (Single Page Application) is.
So what's the big picture of the MEAN stack? How do the different things work together? Time for a closer look!
Let's get started and let's install the core tools we need to build MEAN applications!
To write code efficiently, an IDE is required - here's my recommendation.
For our MEAN application, we'll have a certain project structure. In this lecture, I'll introduce to that project structure and explain why we use it.
We have a good idea of what the MEAN stack is about - but what's in this course? This lecture gives you an overview of the course content and the order in which it is presented.
Your learning success is important to me! Here are some best practices on how to use the course materials.
- Concepts behind NodeJS, Express and MongoDB (with Mongoose) will be refreshed in this course but as this course is focused on the connection of these technologies with Angular, basic knowledge about them is strongly recommended
- It is recommended to have beginner-level Angular knowledge, though this course will provided a detailed refresher and will explain the core concepts used in detail
- NO advanced or expert knowledge about any of these topics is assumed or required
Create modern, scalable and high-speed Web Applications with Angular (formerly named Angular 2, now just "Angular") and Node.js + Express + MongoDB.
Angular 1 and NodeJS, together with ExpressJS (a NodeJS Framework) and MongoDB formed the very popular MEAN stack. Now is the time to dive into MEAN 2.0 and replace Angular 1 with Angular 2+.
Benefit from the many improvements and advantages Angular offers you: Speed, ease of development, highly reactive, awesome support for asynchronous operations, great scalability and more!
And combine these advantages with the power of a NodeJS + Express + MongoDB backend!
Learn or refresh the Angular Basics!
This course is no Angular course, but it includes detailed explanations of the core concepts used as well as about Angular in general. However, keep in mind that, as this course is no Angular course, having additional resources like my "Angular - The Complete Guide" course is recommended.
In this course, Maximilian, experienced web developer as well as author of many 5-star rated Udemy courses and host of the "Academind" coding channel on YouTube, will take you on a hands-on journey to get you to build your own Angular + NodeJS Applications in no time.
This course follows a hands-on approach, which means that the whole course is structured around one big application and the different concepts will be explained detailedly as they are introduced in this application.
Specifically, you will learn how to:
Set up a NodeJS + Express + MongoDB + Angular Application with the help of the Angular CLI
Use NodeJS and Express efficiently
Build reusable Components in Angular and create a reactive User Experience with the Tools provided by Angular
Connect your NodeJS (or any other language!) backend with your Angular App through Angular’s HttpClient service
Provide appropriate endpoints on your Backend, for your Frontend to consume
Add advanced features like file upload and pagination
Make your Application more secure by implementing Users, Authentication as well as Authorization
Handle Errors gracefully
And much more...!
This hands-on concept allows you to not get stuck in the theory, but instantly see real implementation examples!
Hear what students of other courses as well as viewers of my YouTube channel have to say
Max has gone through great lengths to create great content and this course has been great. His teaching style covers everything from basic to advanced topics, and his explanations have been thorough on each topic
Max demonstrates very good knowledge of the subject matter and great enthusiasm in delivering the lectures.
Max does a wonderful job making the core concepts of Angular approachable and accessible.
Don’t stop at the basics!
Do you know those courses which show you a "Hello World“ example and then call it an end? That won’t happen to you in this course. While beginning with a very basic app and basic features, you will quickly be able to incorporate many different Routes, Observables, Events, Authentication and Authorization, Error Handling and much more into your applications.
The best thing is: You’ll learn all that by putting it into practice immediately! No wall of powerpoint slides, no unrealistic mini-examples – this is the real deal!
Who should take this course?
Basic NodeJS/Express and Angular Experience is strongly recommended
MongoDB (+ Mongoose) knowledge is a plus as MongoDB will be used in this course but won’t be subject of in-depth explanations
NO expert or advanced knowledge on any of these topics is required or assumed
By the end of this course, you will be able to create your own, awesome NodeJS + Angular applications!
- This course is for everyone interested in putting existing Angular and NodeJS knowledge into action
- If you're familiar with the basics of Angular and NodeJS, this course provides a detailed guide on how to connect both technologies
- Everyone interested in building a modern, full-stack application
- Students who want to exercise with their NodeJS and Angular skills will find a great opportunity to do so