Taming the Angry Monster Inside
What you'll learn
- Understand the Anger Cycle
- Discover your anger style
- Cope with anger in a mindful way
- Target and replace your anger distortions
- Realize the true cost of anger
- Have confidence in your ability to manage your anger
- Controlling anger is an ongoing process. You will need to be patient with yourself and open to change.
Learn the basic concepts, tools and habits you need to control your anger and calm the “beast within.”
Build stronger, more fulfilling relationships with family, friends, co-workers and employers with this course on Anger Management.
· Identify the Anger Cycle
· Commit to Being Anger-Free for 24 Hours
· Learn About Your Anger Style
· Discover the True Cost of Anger
· Develop New Habits to Bypass Your Anger Triggers
Create New Neural Pathways In Your Brain
The latest research shows that Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) is a highly effective tool in combating the negative effects of Anger. In this course you will learn specific CBT techniques that will help you regulate and control anger triggers and impulses. As you master the techniques in this course you will be creating new neural pathways in your brain. This course will help you physically change how your brain operates simply by applying your willpower and your brain in tandem toward a shared goal: Anger Management.
Content and Overview
With this course I’ve distilled hours and hours of experience working with clients down to 24 lectures that cover everything you need to know about controlling and managing your anger. You’ll explore the role anger plays in your life – good and bad. You’ll examine the different ways anger can manifest itself (hint: it’s not always about screaming and trashing hotel rooms). You’ll learn how we distort reality in ways that feed our anger… and how to combat those distortions.
When you’ve completed this course you’ll be equipped to “get in front of” your anger and use it to feed the fires of creativity and competition instead of letting your anger burn you, and those around you, down to the ground.
Each short video has a real-world “homework” assignment that should take about a week to complete.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for people who want to change how the ACT when they become angry and learn new tools for coping with this powerful emotion.
Louisa Link-McDowell is a Registered Clinical Counselor (RCC) and received a Masters of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Yorkville.
In addition to her work as a therapist and founder of TherapyCouch.net, Louisa has been advising Fortune 500 companies and major healthcare organizations for the past 25 years.
She is dedicated to helping people achieve greater well-being and improved mental health, and uses a variety of tools and theories in her work. Louisa is married and has two children. She enjoys running with her dog and volunteering in her community.