Total Beginners' Guide: How to use an Android Smartphone
- This is a beginners course, suitable for people who have never used a p.c, smartphone or tablet before.
- The fact that you have found us online means you have what it takes to learn more from this course!
Why take this course?
- You are tired of feeling like a dummy when you ask for help with your phone.
- You want to keep in touch with your family but the technology seem too hard.
- You know a little bit about computers or smartphones but when things go wrong you get lost.
- You are a practical learner who likes to do things for yourself but just haven't got around to it.
What this course can do for you:
- Help you get a head start when using a new device you aren't familiar with.
- Teach you simple applications that will make your life easier.
- Introduce just a handful of the thousands of useful apps out there for you.
- Build your confidence with the basics of using a smartphone so you can continue to get more and more from your technology.
- People brand new to personal computing devices such as laptops, smartphones and tablets.
- Anyone new to the Android Operating System.
- People who have a personal device but don't really know what to do with it.
- Getting started...00:45
- What kind of device do I need for this course?00:34
- Home and volume buttons01:05
- Menu Button00:45
- Power Button01:23
- Back Button01:13
- Voice Commands02:34
- Common device symbols05:12
- Connect to the Internet02:25
- Public vs Private Wifi01:20
- Handy device settings.07:03
- How to get along with your Tech Geek03:24
- What's the difference?01:16
- The evolution of personal computing10:31
- Which is which?4 questions
- So how do I know what's right for me?06:23
- What is an App?02:48
- How to browse for new Apps02:40
- How to install an App00:43
- How to remove an App00:25
- How to find your Play Store account information.01:28
- How to keep apps up to date.01:12
- Your Google account05:25
- Storing & sharing files05:42
- Keep in touch05:45
- A day in the life05:41
- Manage your photos07:44
- Karl Top 505:44
- Course Transcript00:00
Epic Learning is a group dedicated to embracing modern learning theory and technology to create the next generation of effective training. We believe learning is a life long adventure, should always be fun and take learners out of their comfort zones.
Based in New Zealand, we have decades of teaching & training experience across a variety of industries. Karl is an experienced instructional designer with years of experience in both physical and virtual classrooms and a passion for technology.
Join us for an epic learning adventure!