Android SQLite Programming for Beginners
What you'll learn
- You’ll be able to understand and create your first CRUD app with confidence.
- You’ll be able to brush-up your SQL knowledge.
- You’ll be able to use a pre-created database file in an app.
- We'll be using Java, and since it's an OOP language, it's truly important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Java specifically. But it's important to learn that first to be able to work with Java, Kotlin, C++, Python, C# or any other OOP based languages.
- You should have Android Studio installed.
- You should have a basic programming knowledge like variables, if-else, loops, methods.
- We'll be using DB Browser for SQLite software as SQLite editor / SQLite manager.
Welcome to the Android SQLite Programming for Beginners course where you’ll learn to create database-driven apps step-by-step with Android & SQLite. My name is Sandip and I’ll be leading you through the course.
******* Some Amazing Reviews From Our Learners *******
★★★★★ The Course is Very Help full and Thanks to Udemy to made that ...
★★★★★ I would have liked to see a little more with using returned values from the database instead of just displaying them. But all in all a very good course, thank you!! A++
★★★★★ Good Job Sandeep. super explanation. Even though I have completed only 40% this course and I feel this course will be best fit for beginner. Cheer.
******* Course Overview *******
I began my career as a Database Programmer and have created many database-driven web apps over the last 12 years. I’ve also published a few database-driven Android apps on Google Play. So, I happen to know about SQLite database programming and in this Android SQLite tutorial, I’ll show you exactly how to create a
1) Simple CRUD (CREATE, READ, UPDATE, DELETE) app using Android Studio and Java.
2) Work with ListView and RecyclerView with SQLite, and
3) Build a complete Dictionary App in Android Studio using SQLite
I designed this course for anyone seeking to develop their first database app. By the end of the course, you’ll be able to understand and create your first app with SQLite, with confidence. You’ll be able to brush up on your SQL knowledge. I have covered:
- Overview of SQLite Database
- How to create a project in Android Studio
- How to program a basic CRUD app with search functionality
- Brush up the basic SQL queries using DB Browser for SQLite
- How to use a pre-created Database file in an app
- How to work with ListView and RecyclerView with SQLite
- How to build a complete Dictionary app from scratch using SQLite
The ideal student for this course is a beginner android developer who wants to expand on their current skills. Feel free to take a look through the sample videos and I look forward to seeing you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner android developer who wants to expand on their current skills.
I trained many aspirant computer science students and software professionals one-on-one in various software practices all over the world. I am currently creating online courses on different online learning platforms and on YouTube. I have over 50,000 students from 168 countries in my 10 online courses so far.
Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity, and Honesty are the three pillars of my life.