Android Material Design Slidenerd Style
- Object Oriented Java
- Basics of Android (Intents/SQLite/Networking/ListViews)
Material Design in Android is the new and future way of designing and developing apps. It involves new APIs that not only enhance the visual perception of your apps but also the functionality in terms of how you create them and how the user perceives them.
- This course walks through the process of building a simple app that displays list of movies but dives into absolute detail while building the app.
- The concepts learnt through this course can be applied to any other app you plan to design using material design terminology.
- You will be able to make apps that use Navigation Drawer, Toolbar, Transitions, RecyclerView, Animations, Ripple Effects, Material Tabs, Vector Drawables, JSON Parsing, Volley library, JobScheduler API and several other fixes after completing this course.
- Learn how to validate your design with your code with thirdy party APIs and libraries discussed in the course
- You need to be familiar with Object Oriented Java and Basic Android programming concepts like Intents, Activities, Fragments, ListView
- Have Android Studio IDE installed
- Over 50 lectures in Material Design , worth over 20 hours of content
- Become proficient in Material Design APIs
- Learn to build apps that use RecyclerView instead of ListView
- Learn to integrate database with background data processing
- Understand libraries like Volley for background data processing
- Anyone who wants to build apps with material design and has some basic knowledge in Java and Android
Who this course is for:
- If you want to make an app that uses material design, this course dives deeper than most others
- if you want to use custom animations, touch handling, recyclerviews, dynamic data , networking libraries, animation libraries, in material design, this course is perfect for you
- This course does not dive deep into the designing aspect of making an app such as using PhotoShop or Illustrator, hence not suited if you want to be a designer after completing this course
- 09:10Setup Material Design
- 10:59Using Colors in Material Design
- 10:58Adding a Toolbar to your app
- 09:22Customize the Toolbar Appearance
- 12:55Add Actions To The Toolbar
- 10:58Navigation Drawer: The Design Guidelines
- 13:17Navigation Drawer: The Layout Structure
- 08:46Navigation Drawer: Integrating With The Toolbar
- 10:34Navigation Drawer: Finishing the Setup
- 12:37Types of Navigation Drawers In Material Design
- 13:06The Translucent Status Bar
- 10:59Translucent Status Bar Hack
Once upon a time, my teacher asked me to write a program to check if the input is leap year. I went to my teacher and asked him "Sir, can you please explain why you wrote if(i%4==0)?". He told me to get lost saying "I ll never learn programming"
Are you like me whose teacher writes code and never explains why? You have finally come to the right instructor on Udemy who teaches you now just how to code but also why.
I have taught 100000+ people so far on my channel slidenerd which is rated as one of the topmost sources in the world to learn Android or IOS and other aspects of mobile development and general programming by several online blogs and forums. I have made several hundred videos on YouTube over the years and many of them are at the top of the search results on YouTube and Google.
I have real world teaching experience and a degree in IT Engineering. with more than 10 years of coding experience. I have won several coding challenges in the meantime. What do you say? we learn the how, what, why behind everything together?