Android Game Programming & Development for Beginners
- 6 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Code in Java from scratch or refresh existing knowledge
- Build playable Android games including Breakout and Space Invaders
- Create an efficient game loop
- Create smoothly animated arcade style graphics
- Learn the basic framework for games
- Add cool sound FX
- All you need to know to move on to design & implement your own games
- You just need to be proficient with your chosen operating system
- You do not need to be able to code at all because a Java introduction/refresher is part of the course
- The course is shown on a Windows PC but apart from Android Studio setup the course is relevant for Mac as well. You can see basic Mac setup instructions on the Android developer web site if needed.
This video course is all about offering you a fun introduction to the world of game programming, Android, and the Java language using two fun, fully-playable games. These games are a retro Breakout/Arkanoid type game and the all-time classic, Space Invaders.
- We will start with the very basics of Java programming, including setting up the development environment, variables, loops, conditions, methods and Object Oriented Programming.
- Next up we will tackle the Breakout game as well as introducing more advanced Java concepts like arrays, threads and interfaces. Finally (for now ;-)) we will take on the more complicated Space Invaders game
- If you know Java but have never used Android Studio then the course introduces you the basics of Android development as well. If you already know Java and Android but just want to learn to make games then start at section 2 of the course
- Beginners to Java coding
- Beginners to Android development
- Beginners to game coding/development