Android Game Development Tutorial
What you'll learn
- Android Game Development concepts
- Creating a game loop in Android
- How to animate objects in Android
- Building an android game by writing code in Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
- We'll be using Java in this course, and since it's an OOP language, it's important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Java specifically.
- You should have some experience in android development using Android Studio
- You should have a basic Java programming knowledge
- You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development
Hi, and welcome to my course Android Game Development Tutorial. I am Sandip, and I’ll be leading you through the course.
This course is for absolute beginners and newbies to android game programming. I'll walk you through the process of creating a simple Android game without using any 3rd party Game Engine like Unity or LibGDX. Sound exciting? Let’s get started.
In this tutorial, I used Eclipse ADT Bundle, which was still actively used by android developers, 3 years back, when I recorded these videos. Android Studio is now the official IDE for Android development and I've tested the code to be working perfectly in the latest versions of Android (9.0 or Pie) and Android Studio (3.5.3). The Android Studio full source code is inside the course.
I believe the best way to learn game programming is by making one. So, I will show you how to create a simple “Plane Shooter” -ish Android game from scratch, step by step in a completely hands-on style. You'll learn how to draw and animate objects on Canvas through a custom View class, create a game loop in Android, detect Touch Event and Collision, play sound effects, etc. If you're curious about building an android game by writing code in Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine this course is a good place to start.
You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development but you should have some experience in android development using Android Studio. You should have Android Studio up and running since it's now the official IDE for Android development and follow along with the lectures by watching, listening, and practicing using Studio. Since we'll be using Java, you should have fundamental programming knowledge like object, class, variable, if-else, method, etc.
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfectly suitable for Absolute Beginners interested in making Android Games from scratch but don't know how to start
- Beginner to Android Game Development
- Beginner to Android development
- If you're curious about building an android game by writing code in Java, without using any 3rd party Game Engine
Hello, I am Sandip and I am a Programmer, YouTuber, Online Course Creator and Entrepreneur from India. I have 13 years of overall programming and teaching experience including Android apps and game development, Web development and multiple programming languages like C, C++, Java and PHP/MySQL. I obtained my B. Tech and M. Tech degree, both in Computer Science & Engineering. Intellectual Curiosity, Creativity and Deep Honesty are the three pillars of my life.
I have trained many aspirant computer science students and software professionals one-on-one in various software practices all over the world. I am currently creating online courses for different online learning platforms and working from Kolkata, India. I have over 27,000 students from 163 countries on Udemy alone in my 7 courses so far. Isn't it amazing?