Android Game Development - Create Your First Mobile Game
- 3 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course you'll be able to build a complete Flappy Bird game in less than 3 hours.
- Building games is a great fun. You'll enjoy it.
- A game that you build yourself, and publish is a fantastic resume piece and could help you get a great job in Android Development.
- Create an efficient game loop.
- Learn the basic framework for games.
- Everything you need to know to build your own games using Android Studio and Java.
- You'll be able to brush-up your Java skills.
- Learn Game Development Fundamentals.
- Learn Android Game Development Step By Step.
- Monetize your app with Google Admob and start getting some revenue.
- We'll be using Java in this course, and since it's an OOP language, it's important to learn OOP fundamentals first. One of my courses titled "Object Oriented Programming Fundamentals" teaches that. Note that, it does not teach Java specifically. But it's important to learn that first to be able to work with Java, Kotlin, C++, Python, C# or any other OOP based languages.
- You should have Android Studio installed.
- Some basic programming experience like variable, if-else, loop, method.
- You don't need prior knowledge in Android Game Development.
Hi, do you want to learn how to build Android Games in Java?
My name is Sandip. I have published more than ten android games on Google Play. So, I happen to know a little bit about android game development and in this course, I’ll show you exactly how to create this awesome Flappy Bird game using Android Studio and Java.
This course is perfectly suitable for anyone who wants to learn the Game Development Fundamentals like creating an efficient Game Loop, handling the Touch Event, Collision Detection, Playing Sound Effects, Score, saving Personal Best, designing XML Layout, etc. If you want to learn the basic framework for games then this is the right course for you. And, if you want to learn android game development by writing code in Java then you’ll enjoy this course as I walk you through the process of creating this game, from start to finish, step by step in a completely hands-on fashion. While my previous course focused on using Android’s View class, this course is aimed to provide a solid foundation for a more dedicated Android class for game development: SurfaceView.
I'll show you step-by-step how to Create Different Levels for your game and add features like changing game background and increasing the speed of the Tubes for every succeeding level to make your game more interesting and engaging, in the easiest way possible. This course improves your problem-solving ability as I invite you to find the solution yourself so that you can think and code like a professional. I am also available to support you along the way. I'll solve your coding problems or any feature that you want to implement so that you can have an enjoyable learning experience and focus on the things that matter the most once you fully understand the overall concepts. This course doesn't stop here. I'll demonstrate how to monetize your app through Google AdMob Banner and Interstitial (Fullscreen) ad so that you can start getting some revenue. You can get all the full source codes once you purchase this course which you're free to use for your personal work. As a motivation, I've included few real apps made by my students with some help from this course (and/or with some help from my other android game development course titled Android Game Development - Learn Core Concepts). Isn't it amazing?
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to build a complete Flappy Bird game using Java which you can publish in Play Store. You'll have a clear understanding of the core concepts behind a 2D game. You’ll have an improved Java skill.
Android is the largest eco-system for gaming so if you’re serious about your career in the gaming industry, this is a great place to start. Or, if you just want to learn programming then Java is an excellent language which is also the preferred language for Android and building games is great fun. Over the years, I have helped thousands of students in making their Android games and there’s absolutely no reason why you can’t as well. So, Enroll now and let’s get started.
- Beginner to Java programming
- Beginner to Android development
- Beginner to Android Game Development