Android LOLLIPOP - Android App Development with Lollipop
What you'll learn
- Learn App development using lollipop, the core of this Android Lollipop Training
- Learn Webservices on Android OS similar to web services on another platform
- Learn How Facebook and Twitter apps work on the mobile OS
- Learn How various animations such as flip and slide are built on the lollipop
- In this section, we provide the pre-requisite for this Android Lollipop Training so that the candidates can learn any additional material is required before starting with this course for a better and smoother experience during the course. These pre-requisites are as below: – Sound knowledge of Java is required before starting this Android Lollipop Training. If you are new to Java or never learned Java, it is advisable to first spend some time there and then come back. Expert level java is not required but you should know at least basics of the concepts like OOPs, data scoping, multi-threading programming, exception handling, collections, etc. A personal computer or a laptop needs a good internet connection. Any IDEs are fine. You can use something like NetBeans or Eclipse-based on your preference. You will require to download and install the Android SDK tool from the Android website.
Android keeps on releasing newer versions that contain important upgrades on previous ones. The most important change in the Lollipop release was a completely redesigned user interface (UI). It was built around an innovative design language called Material Design. The material design concept was made to give users a paper-like feel to the UI. Apart from that, other changes were also incorporated such as improvements to the notifications bar and its style, which can now be accessed directly from the lock screen without requiring any password and displayed within applications as banners on top of the screen. Internal changes to the platform were also made and it was done using the Android Runtime (ART). Improved application performance was achieved, and it was intended to improve and optimize battery usage as well.
Lollipop’s successor is Marshmallow, which was released next year in October 2015
Major updates on Android 5.0 are listed below as a bullet point for easy understanding: –
A refreshed notification system
Individual notifications now displayed on cards based on material design language,
batches of notifications can be grouped by individual apps
Notifications are displayed on the lock screen as well as cards
A do-not-disturb feature is added for notifications.
The recent apps menu was redesigned as a three-dimensional stack of cards shape to show open apps
Individual apps can now display multiple cards under a recent menu
In this course, we detail the various skills that candidates can learn from this Android Lollipop Training. This section will help students access the intended learning outcome of the course and hence help them decide if they should enroll for the course.
Android Lollipop: – Update on all new features of the lollipop upgrade.
Mobile Apps Development: – App development using lollipop, the core of this Android Lollipop Training.
Android Webservice: – Webservices on Android OS similar to web services on another platform.
Social Media Integration on Android: – How Facebook and Twitter apps work on the mobile OS
Android Animations: – How various animations such as flip and slide are built on the lollipop.
Data Storage Management: – How data is stored and retried with lollipop architecture on the Android platform.
Android Custom Designs: – Custom designs such as notification and open apps’ views are covered.
Creating a New Layout: – Layout changes been done based on a material language framework.
Standard Toolbar: – Many toolbar functions are provided for easier app development
Recycle View Widget: – Many new widgets are provided for better usability and design.
Layout Manager: – Layout manager is provided for multifunctionality on the device.
View Holder: – View holders are unique concepts to lollipop design
Drawer Model: – provided for better performance and UI
Generate Constructor: – Constructor is vital to lollipop OS
Who this course is for:
- In this section, we list out suitable candidates for this course. This shall give a clear idea if this Android Lollipop Training is suitable for you or not. Anyone interested in Android App development: This is a very generic actually. If you are passionate about building android apps, you are welcome to learn. Beginners in the field of Android App development: Those people who are already in this field but want to upskill themselves and learn new things that were released with the lollipop. Students who want to build a career as Android App developer: College graduates who have studied computer science or related subjects and want to build a career in android app development. Freelancers interested in the Android lollipop training course and create their App: The course is suitable for self-learners and go-getters as well. They can learn and build on the go simultaneously. iOS developer interested in developing an App in Android: Those who are planning to move from iOS or want to learn Android and iOS both.
EDUCBA is a leading global provider of skill based education addressing the needs of 1,000,000+ members across 70+ Countries. Our unique step-by-step, online learning model along with amazing 5000+ courses and 500+ Learning Paths prepared by top-notch professionals from the Industry help participants achieve their goals successfully. All our training programs are Job oriented skill based programs demanded by the Industry. At EDUCBA, it is a matter of pride for us to make job oriented hands-on courses available to anyone, any time and anywhere. Therefore we ensure that you can enroll 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. Learn at a time and place, and pace that is of your choice. Plan your study to suit your convenience and schedule.