Android and iOS Apps for Your Wordpress Blog
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create Mobile Apps for Android and iOS
- Use Ionic CLI to create and deploy Mobile Apps
- Build apps that can interact with Wordpress Blogs and Sites
- Get and Post data to Wordpress Blogs
- Store data to mobile devices persistently.
- Use various Ionic Services to build outstanding apps.
- Install external Cordova and Phonegap Plugins to use with Ionic
- Use HTML, CSS and JS to build mobile apps.
In this lecture, you will learn what tools you need to download before proceeding with the course. You are highly suggested to download everything as suggested and follow along with the videos.
In this lecture, we will learn to setup wordpress files in place using WAMP Server so that we can proceed with Wordpress installation in the next lecture.
Let us now write the code for when an actual notification is received. The onNotificationReceived event is triggered everytime a new notification is received. In addition, this event is also triggered whenever the device registers with the GCM or APNS and the respective service sends a registration ID to the device.
In this final lecture, we will finish our app. We will see how an actual notification looks on the phone, understanding how to differentiate between a notification when the app is in background and in foreground. Then we will publish a new blog post and see our app in action.
- Basics of Ionic Framework, AngularJS, HTML, CSS and JS.
In this course, you will learn to unleash the power of two most powerful frameworks, WordPress and Ionic. You will create a WordPress Blog and enable the RESTful JSON API on top of it. You will then create an amazing Ionic App that will interact with your WordPress blog to display information from your blog to the user of your app. You will learn to create amazing UI for your mobile app and at the end of it, you will have an app that will work both on Android and iOS.
You will learn...
- Basics of RESTful APIs
- Setup a WordPress Blog and API
- Retrieving JSON from WordPress
- Create Ionic App with AngularJS
- Creating Multiple States and Controllers
- Navigate within States
- Ionic Advanced Components
- Save Data within Devices persistently.
- Create the APK for Android
A whole module about Push Notifications is added. It will teach you how you can send Notifications to all the users of your Ionic Application from your WordPress Blog with just one click. Lean to send Push Notifications from your command prompt and also from your WordPress Blog via automation.
- Beginners who want to learn mobile app development.
- Web Developers who want to develop apps for mobile devices.
- Developers who want to develop apps that work across platforms.
- Students who want to create fun school projects.