MS Excel Exam Guide: Analyzing and Visualizing Data
What you'll learn
- Building queries in Excel
- Combining data from multiple files
- Modeling data in Excel’s Data Model
- Transforming and cleaning data
- Splitting data
- Merging data
- Pivoting data
- Building relationships between data sets
- Calculating implicit DAX measures
- Calculating explicit DAX measures
- Building Basic and Advanced DAX functions
- Creating KPIs in Excel
- Creating Hierarchies in Excel
- Building and formatting Pivot Tables
- Building and formatting Pivot Charts
- Creating and using calendar tables
- Understanding Question styles and formats for the Excel certification exam
- Using both Excel with Power BI
- PC with internet connection
Microsoft Excel is one of the most important software programs ever created. Businesses large and small, in countries all around the world, run off of systems and processes built on and around Excel. With so many people using Excel as part of their day-to-day jobs, it is more important than ever for you to stand out from the crowd and certify your Excel skills so you can contribute and be entrusted with these business-critical opportunities.
Enter this course. Designed directly off the study guides and outlines for the Excel 70-779 Exam, this course provides not only the theory but also the practical and foundational skills needed to pass the certification exam and stand out from the crowd. Not only will you be well prepared for the exam, but you’ll also build out a skill set that will be in demand for years to come.
When you’re ready to professionally certify your Excel skills, this is the course for you.
Who this course is for:
- Data Analysts who want to expand their analytical toolkit
- And Business Analysts looking to further their technical abilities
Hello! My name is Ben Young. My background is in data analytics and visualization, especially in the context of business strategy. I've worked in multiple industries (insurance, sales, non-profit, etc.) and across every job, analysis, and deliverable, there has been a constant need for data and the ability to interpret it. Tableau is my tool of choice, one that I've spent four years mastering, earning multiple professional certifications and tutoring hundreds of students in person and online. To top it all off, I recently completed an MBA at Oxford University, adding a high-level business perspective and context to my work. I look forward to working with you to take your Tableau skills to the next level!
We are the Ligency team. You will be hearing from us when new Ligency courses are released, when we publish new podcasts, blogs, share cheatsheets and more!
We are here to help you stay on the cutting edge of Data Science and Technology.
See you in class,