Analytical Techniques for Business Analysis (IIBA - ECBA)
What you'll learn
- Identify the elements of benchmarking and market analysis
- Recognise the steps in performing document analysis
- Distinguish between scope modeling diagramming techniques
- Distinguish between the elements of state modelling
- Recognise how to apply scoping and planning tools in business analysis
- Recognise the characteristics of process modelling
- Recognise the characteristics of process analysis
- Recognise the types of organizational models
- Identify the elements of an interface definition
- Recognise the elements of data flow diagrams
- Recognise considerations for using data mining
- Recognise considerations for using data modelling
- Distinguish between common prototyping methods
- Recognise how to apply models that support business analysis
- Recognise characteristics of risk analysis and management
- Distinguish between methods of financial analysis
- Describe root cause analysis
- Define the elements of a SWOT analysis
- Distinguish between decision modeling and decision analysis
- Recognise how to apply decision-making analysis tools
- No special requirements or prerequisites, but general knowledge about business would facilitate learning.
The Analytical Techniques Used for Business Analysis is the 9th course of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes a total of 14 courses.
One definition of analysis is to break down a problem or process into its elemental parts to identify solutions. It could also apply to breaking something down to identify problems or opportunities for change. Analytical techniques assist the business analyst to identify problems and to find solutions.
This course will introduce Analysis Tools for Scoping and Planning, Models that Support Business Analysis and Analyses that Support Decision making. Some examples: Benchmarking and Market Analysis, Document Analysis, Scope Modeling and State Modeling.
We are also going to discuss about: Process Modeling, Process Analysis, Organizational Modeling, Interface Analysis, Data Flow Diagrams, Data Mining, Data Modeling and Prototyping. Finally, some words about Risk Analysis and Management, Financial Analysis, Root Cause Analysis, SWOT Analysis and Decision Modeling and Decision Analysis.
Analysis Tools for Scoping and Planning
1. Benchmarking and Market Analysis
2. Document Analysis
3. Scope Modeling
4. State Modelling
5. Exercise: Scoping and Planning Tools
Models that Support Business Analysis
1. Process Modeling
2. Process Analysis
3. Organizational Modeling
4. Interface Analysis
5. Data Flow Diagrams
6. Data Mining
7. Data Modeling
9. Exercise: Business Analysis Models
Analyses that Support Decision making
1. Risk Analysis and Management
2. Financial Analysis
3. Root Cause Analysis
4. SWOT Analysis
5. Decision Modeling and Decision Analysis
6. Exercise: Decision-making Analysis Tools
You can use this course to improve your business analysis knowledge and abilities and to obtain the certifications provided by the International Institute of Business Analysis.
This course is part of the Business Analysis Certification Program which includes 14 courses. That’s it! Now go ahead and push that “Take this course” button and see you on the inside!
Who this course is for:
- Individuals ready to develop their business analysis skills, knowledge and behaviors as practicing business analysis professionals.
Sorin Dumitrascu is a man with many talents and a passion for helping others grow and develop. He has been involved in the development and delivery of courses on management, computer literacy, human resources, career development, and more for over 15 years.
Sorin is also a certified trainer and project manager, with a master's degree in International Relations and Policy Making as well as a bachelor's degree in Law and Public Administration. He has coordinated projects in the areas of rule of law, regional development, and human resources for over a decade.
Sorin has an extensive background in civil service, private sector and NGO work. He has more than 15 years of managerial experience in justice, corrections, internal affairs, training, project management and consultancy within the private sector and NGO.
Additionally, he is certified as an ICDL tester and trainer for United Nations Peacekeeping Missions and holds a professional degree in public management.