An Introductory Guide to Art Therapy
What you'll learn
- Receive a concise, theoretical introductory guide to art therapy
- Learn brief history, theory and application of art therapy
- Learn about different materials to use in art therapy and (especially for registered mental health counsellors) how to use these materials with different client
- Self-paced experiential exercises designed to support the development of skills in applying in individual healing or therapeutic work
- Art materials e.g. visual diary/drawing paper, scissors, medium size paper plate, magazine, oil pastels/crayons, coloured pencils, pen, markers etc). NB: Art materials are optional. Basic counselling skills would be advantageous but an open and curious mind is a must!
Discover the transformative power of Art Therapy! Embark on a journey of self-discovery and healing. Let art be your guide.
Are you looking to explore new ways of self-expression and healing? My "Introductory Guide to Art Therapy" course is just what you need! Dive into a world where colours, textures, and shapes aren't just art - they're tools for emotional and mental well-being. They will help you to:
Express Yourself: Uncover the depths of your emotions and thoughts through artistic expression. No prior art skills required – just an open heart!
Explore Creativity: Whether it's painting, sculpting, or drawing, find your unique creative outlet
Heal and Grow: Art therapy isn't just about creating art; it's a journey towards self-discovery and healing. Experience personal growth as you learn to channel your feelings into beautiful creations
This course is an introductory guide designed to help students understand the history, methods and techniques of art therapy and vital information needed to integrate them into a holistic approach to achieve positive therapeutic outcomes. Students will learn the following:
Definition of art therapy
Brief history and journey of art therapy
Differing approaches that illustrates a continuum in practice
Benefits and limitations of art therapy
Mental illness and art therapy
Experiential art projects
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who would like to deepen their understanding of art therapy without spending 4-5 hours on an online course.
- *Please ensure you read course blurb and watch the introductory video before enrolling in the course to ensure this course is suitable for you and meets your expectation.*
GradDipCouns, BA (EnglLit), Dip.NLP, Reiki Master
Syeda Rahman is a qualified mental health counsellor who helps people live a life with rigour and impact. She offers talk therapy and coaching services to individuals and couples.
Therapy Modalities: Solution-Focused (Brief) Therapy (SFBT)| Hypnotherapy | Ericksonian Therapy | Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP)| Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT) | Psycho-education | Couples Therapy | Integrative therapy | Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) | Reiki Energy Therapy | Mindfulness-based therapies
Areas of Specialisation: Anxiety | Depression | Existential or spiritual issues | Relationship issues | Low self-esteem | Social Skills | Stress | Gay, Lesbian & Bisexual issues | Life transitions | Migrant issues | Mental Health issues | Posttraumatic Stress Disorder | Grief and Loss
Currently, during the week, she coaches and counsels creative media students and on weekends she runs her private practice COUNSELLING WITH COACHING - offering both individual and couples counselling.