- 2 hours on-demand video
- 2 articles
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Differentiate between the different sets of real numbers
- Use a number line to identify the value of real numbers
- Understand the concepts of absolute value, exponents, and square roots
- Know the properties of real numbers
- Apply the order of operations (PEMDAS) when simplifying experessions
- Evaluate Algebraic Expressions with replacement values
- Perform operations (add, subtract, multiply, and divide) with positive and negative numbers (integers)
- A scientific calculator would be helpful, but not required.
This course covers algebraic topics including integers and real numbers, number lines, the order of operations, square roots, absolute value, and inequalities. The course curriculum aligns to content that is common to most high school algebra 1 courses as well as college level developmental mathematics. Content is taught through interactive video lectures that include guided practice problems and the associated live action solutions. The curriculum is organized into 2 chapters (sections), containing a total of 19 video lectures that are approximately 10 minutes in length each. The course culminates with end of chapter assessments to check for skills mastery. Answer Keys are included for all assessments. The instructor for this course is a certified math instructor with over 10 years of middle school, high school, and college level teaching experience.
This course is one part of our comprehensive Beginning Algebra course.
- Middle school, high school, or early college level students
- Students preparing for a college placement test