An Introduction to Python Programming
- Prior programming experience in other general-purpose programming languages (Java, C++, etc) is encouraged, but not required.
- No prior knowledge of programming is required. This course starts with the basics of Python.
- You can download any version of Python 3.
In this course, you will learn introductory Python programming constructs. You will be exposed to all of the fundamental constructs of programming such as loops, data structures, and operators. You will learn procedural programming first to develop a strong basis of computational logic. Then, you will learn Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and functional programming. Altogether, this course will unlock the doors to learn GUI development, conduct computer science research, and begin website development in Python.
Who this course is for:
- Students with a passion for learning, and those who enjoy working with computers.
- This course is for beginner programmers little or no experience.
- Students interested in different paradigms of computer programming
- 03:13Variables and Data Types
- 05:38The String Data Type
- 05:19String Methods
- 06:42Booleans and Conditional Statements
- 05:33Object Equality and Equality Operators
- 05:26The List Data Type
- 05:34The Dictionary Data Type
- 03:32Indexed For Loops
- 07:12While Loops and For-each Loops
- 05:24Introduction to Functions
- 03:15Function Arguments and Scope
- 05:37Raising and Catching Errors
Rishi is currently an undergraduate at Stanford University. He believes all students should have the opportunity to learn computer science and programming. He has created multiple courses on introductory Python, Java, and C++. He hopes his free, online courses will spread these invaluable skills to students all around the world.