An Introduction to Python Programming
- Prior programming experience in other general-purpose programming languages (Java, C++, etc) is encouraged, but not required.
- No prior knowledge of programming is required. This course starts with the basics of Python.
- You can download any version of Python 3.
In this course, you will learn introductory Python programming constructs. You will be exposed to all of the fundamental constructs of programming such as loops, data structures, and operators. You will learn procedural programming first to develop a strong basis of computational logic. Then, you will learn Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and functional programming. Altogether, this course will unlock the doors to learn GUI development, conduct computer science research, and begin website development in Python.
Who this course is for:
- Students with a passion for learning, and those who enjoy working with computers.
- This course is for beginner programmers little or no experience.
- Students interested in different paradigms of computer programming
- Variables and Data Types03:13
- The String Data Type05:38
- String Methods05:19
- Booleans and Conditional Statements06:42
- Object Equality and Equality Operators05:33
- The List Data Type05:26
- The Dictionary Data Type05:34
- Indexed For Loops03:32
- While Loops and For-each Loops07:12
- Introduction to Functions05:24
- Function Arguments and Scope03:15
- Raising and Catching Errors05:37
Rishi is currently an undergraduate at Stanford University. He believes all students should have the opportunity to learn computer programming. He hopes his free, online course in Python programming will spread these invaluable skills to students all around the world.