Learn the basics of Classical Latin in this first of two introductory courses. Students who take this course will learn basic Latin grammar and syntax, as well as a comprehensive vocabulary, which expands with each lesson.
Benefits of taking this class include:
- Learning the father language of all Romantic languages (Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French). This is an excellent gateway language to learning many new languages in the future.
- Learning the etymology of thousands of English words which derive their meaning from Latin.
- Learning the mechanics of a new language will help students come to a better understanding of grammar in their own language.
- Short 3-7 minute lectures for each lesson
- Document accompanying each lesson subject, which includes 10-15 vocabulary word list
- Sentences to translate from Latin to English and English to Latin
- Self-test exams every five chapters
- Answer key for exams and translation exercises
- Bonus vocabulary list (which I will continue to add to)