An Intro to Learning French Through Stories & Conversation
What you'll learn
- Have a deep understanding of the beginning French story "Le petit bonhomme de pain d'épices" (The Gingerbread Man).
- Understand and use basic high-frequency French.
- Have simple conversations in French.
- Be able to express some basic desires, needs, and wants in French.
- Students do not need any prior knowledge of French to take this course. It is appropriate for complete beginners.
Have you considered learning French, or do you want to brush up on your French? "An Intro to Learning French Through Stories and Conversation" will introduce you to the basic linguistic tools to take the next step on your French journey. This course teaches French primarily through the story "Le petit bonhomme de pain d'épices" (The Gingerbread Man) and conversation, which is how our brains naturally learn languages. It is designed for beginners or for those who want to freshen up their French.
If you want to learn how to actually use the language without having to memorize a bunch of grammar, then this course is for you.
For each section of the story I have included:
- The important vocabulary (presented in chunks for better understanding of the language structures)
- Quizlet and Memrise vocabulary activities (for various ways of practicing and playing with the vocabulary)
- The story in French and English in the present tense.
- Conversation questions with example answers (to make personal connections to the text and to practice with a partner)
- Textivate activites (to work more with the chapter summary text)
- A quiz (to check for comprehension of the story)
After completing this course you will be able to understand and use some basic high-frequency French which will open doors to French conversation, travel, culture, and true joie de vivre.
Enroll now for free to take the first step on your French learning journey!
Who this course is for:
- This course is perfect for complete beginners or for anyone who would like to brush up some of the basics.
- This course emphasizes how to actually USE the language, NOT how to talk about the language.
I am first and foremost a husband and father. The reason I teach is so that I can provide for my lovely wife Brandi, my stepson Hunter, my daughter Felicity and my goofy, yet lovable dogs Archer and Linus.
I am also very passionate about learning and teaching. I am a public high school (Sentinel High School, Missoula, Montana) and online French teacher and tutor, and have taught adult classes for the Alliance Française de Missoula as well as our yearly summer camp for kids ages 8-16. I have lived in France and continue to travel to France and other French-speaking countries on a regular basis. I have a bachelor's degree in French, a BFA in Art (Graphic Design emphasis), and a Master's in Education (Curriculum and Instruction). I love helping others expand their horizons as I learn and grow along with them. The horizon's the limit!
My teaching interests include: French, Art, educational travel, language acquisition, comprehensible input, Teaching Proficiency Through Reading and Storytelling, arts integration, active learning, Hapkido, educational technology, children's books, constructivist and alternative learning, and creative thinking.
Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or if I can help you to learn more as we go on this learning adventure together!