“An unexamined life is not worth living." Socrates
Examining our lives is how we discover the road to complete satisfaction. This program is designed around the idea that examining your life is critical to satisfaction, and upon completion you will enjoy all seven levels of life satisfaction!
Satisfaction and happiness are not the same thing, but the good news is when you have satisfaction, you have a more profound feeling than if you had happiness. Satisfaction is lasting while happiness can be fleeting.
So, what life satisfaction and how is it different from happiness?
Happiness is an immediate, in-the-moment experience, whereas life satisfaction is happiness that exists when we think about our lives as a whole, looking at the big picture.
Life satisfaction is not based on research, but rather your cognitive judgements of elements YOU consider to be valuable – ergo, you determine your satisfaction, whereas happiness is generally a more external feeling.
Based on the research ‘The Study of Life Satisfaction’, quality of life is associated with living conditions, such as food, health, shelter, and so forth. By contrast, life satisfaction is defined as a state of emotion, like happiness or sadness.
In general, whatever level of satisfaction you are feeling, you can define and maximize your level of wellbeing if you choose which elements you want to engage in to flourish.
Contributors to Life Satisfaction
The sources of life satisfaction are not completely understood yet, but what is known, is that they are a complex combination of:
- Environmental Factors: Learn how you can use external features to help you determine your satisfaction, i.e. where should I live?
- Behavioral Factors: Learn specific action steps for success, including routines and mantras
- Capabilities: Use mental maps, plans, and strategies for success; these cognitive processes allow you to change how you think
- Beliefs: These are the foundations of your action plan and your capabilities; think of this as your world view
- Purpose: Know who you are and why you are here – this is your mission
- Spirituality: Have a connection with a larger system of beliefs, this could be something religious or something more ephemeral and personal
- Ikigai: In Buddhism is this thought more of as the Dharma. This is the intersection of what you are good at, jobs you can work in, and the causes you wish to fight for
Most people spend their lives at the first three levels, and unless you access the other four levels, you will have an unfulfilled life. In this program, you’ll learn about each level and live a life of purpose and passion.
Can You Feel More Satisfied with Your Life?
Yes. If you are not as satisfied with your life as you would like to be, you can do things to change this. Things such as having friends, goals, and a life story are shown to increase one’s life satisfaction. You can look more in depth at these here, along with a couple of other ways to feel more satisfied with your life.
The Importance of Reflecting on Yourself
Scrutinizing one’s actions and reflecting is an important aspect of life, as it comes with the knowledge that every one of us is living in his very own world, a subjective reality, that is filtered by our (often biased) awareness filters within our minds. Reflecting allows us to recognize these biased mindsets, discover the truth and allows us to spot misbehavior or mistakes we committed.
The Importance of Reflecting
You might be wondering why it is important to reflect on your experiences. Here are four main reasons:
- Learn from Your Experiences: Reflect on your past and analyze your strengths, weaknesses, and behaviors and make the adjustments to get the most out of your future
- Help Others: Use your self-reflection to help make others better, think of it the way team sports work – teammates reflect on performance and share with each other the best way forward
- Celebrate Success: Acknowledge the things that you’ve done well and use them as touchstones to improve
- Gain New Perspective and Relax: Take a deep breath and relax and reflect on what is going well. Improve your life by viewing it from a different angle
This program is designed to provide you with the tools for total reflection on your life now and in the future. You will have access to some of the most powerful techniques to create ah-ha’s in every area of your life.
Get the satisfaction you deserve by enrolling in the course today!