History of American Football
What you'll learn
- A brief history of football
- Another way to impress your friends
- A step closer to being a sports trivia master
- A brief history of rugby in America
- A desire to learn
- An interest in football and/or history
- A great attitude!
- An interest in learning something new about American rugby!
This course will dive deep into the history of American football. Before it even resembled football! Instead of an instant success (imagine a world without the Super Bowl!), football had a long and winding road to reach the level of fame that it has now. Lets begin the journey in examining how a melting pot sport (a game that took a little bit of from many different games) became something distinctly American!
Who this course is for:
- Those interested in learning more about American football, from it's humble beginnings!
- Those want to know how American football emerged out of the ashes of American rugby
Jeremy Swick is a seasoned museum professional who has a love of connecting the public with history. He is a University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire Masters of Art Graduate specializing in Public History. His main areas of focus in graduate school were Public History, Sports History and Popular Culture, and African American history as it relates to the Civil Rights Movement. He also graduated with a Bachelors of Arts in History and Education.
Through his professional experiences he has acquired a wide array of knowledge as it relates to archival collections both at a museum and university level, proper museum collections care, preservation, and education both in the classroom and nontraditional spheres.
Jeremy has focused his passion of history, and education to help inspire and teach the public. In his spare time he is also a rugby player, volunteer, and a budding blogger and entrepreneur.