American Sign Language HOSPITALITY SPECIAL
What you'll learn
- This is a full course dedicated specially to hospitality sector, anyone who's profession with customers/guests
- like B&B - Hotels - Receptions & Holiday & Tourism companies - It includes many topics from Levels 1,2 & 3:
- Intro & fundamentals of ASL - Manual Alphabet - Numbers - Question keys -Prepositions - Action Verbs - Food -
- Weekdays & time - Landmarks - Hobbies - Directions - Medical & Emergencies etc. and special hospitality signs and sentences.
- A whole new look & easy, clear way to follow & learn. Loads of exercises to practice on - Suitable for Hearing & Deaf learners
- Learning American Sign Language gives a boost to your career & Personal Development
- Expand your awareness and knowledge in communicating with the Deaf world or any Signers
- The "bundle offers" that you see elsewhere, you have them in just one course
- Very basic knowledge in English language is needed – American Sign Language course is based mainly on pictures.
- This course is suitable for Hearing & Deaf students
Welcome to the World of Language without words Hospitality special
Listen with your Eyes - Speak with your Hands
No previous knowledge is needed!
In this course you’ll learn in American Sign Language:
In addition to Hospitality signs you will learn The Manual Alphabet/Fingerspelling of words – Numbers - Tenses: Present, Past & Future - Family Signs - Question keys - Key locations - Action verbs - Food & Eating - Weekdays & time -Landmarks/Vacation - Hobbies - Directions - Money signs - Medical & Emergencies and the most important topic: The Deaf Etiquette & Way of life addition, a full introduction on Fundamentals, Facts and Concepts of this worldwide popular sign language.
The course will benefit anyone’s profession in private/customer relations – Restaurants, Airports, Government & banking sectors, hospitals - Hotels & residential sector etc.
Learning American Sign Language gives a boost to your career & Personal Development
Expand your awareness and knowledge in communicating with the Deaf world or any Signers
American Sign Language is the Global sign language Deaf people use in their travels, Business & Everyday life.
Did you know?
Even though Deaf people use Sign Language, not everyone who uses Sign Language is Deaf.
Learning Sign Language opens doors to communicate with anyone experiencing any sort of language processing challenge for example:
Stroke victims & cerebral palsy patients - Children with Autism and Asperger’s syndrome (as a middle step for processing language) - Any individual with Apraxia or Down syndrome - Elderly People - Children too young to speak, etc.
Sign language is for everyone, It is also used in daily communications by:
Fire fighters - Police officers - Medical staff - Scuba divers - Stock traders - Airports staff - Construction sites
Factories - Sports fields - Concerts - Radio/TV Stations, etc.
"Deafness/Hard of hearing is not a disability but only a difference in human Experience & Perception."
Who this course is for:
- This course has been created with in mind for anyone working in the Hospitality sector, It will also benefit anyone’s profession in customer/private relations – Restaurants, Airports, Government or Banking sectors, Hospitals etc
- Anyone interested in boosting his career life - For any platform that deals with customer relation & hospitality specially Hotels & Residential sector.
- Hospitality special practice on sentences & words that you most likely encounter when dealing with guests signers
I am a certified American Sign Language Trainer, based between Lebanon & Dubai UAE, offering courses to Companies, Institutions, Universities & Private groups.
I am very passionate in teaching this beautiful language. Over the years, I have developed a unique & easy approach with my students to learn by relating signs to pictures and daily facts.
In the last 10 years I have trained over 90% hospitality sector staff ie: Atlantis, Palazzo Versace, Shangri-La, Starwood chain hotels etc. & many major Dubai based companies & corporate groups.
Author of book "ASL - Listen with your Eyes, Speak with your Hands " English & Arabic version - I use in my live teachings and I am using the same topics here at Udemy courses.
All 3 levels will cover topics for everyday life situations, From Level 1 you'll be able to fingerspell any word, introduce yourself & sign a basic conversation.
By the end of Level 3 you'll be able to hold full conversation with ease like a pro!
The courses are carefully tailored and designed to keep you interested and keen to learn this beautiful language.