American English Slang | Common American English Idioms
- 7 hours on-demand video
- 59 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand and master the most common American idioms
- Feel confident in English conversations, never behind or confused
- Learn real-life usage through many conversational examples
- Pick up English phrases and expressions for daily life
- Get useful English study methods and tips
- Learn lots of bonus vocabulary and phrases (useful for IELTS and TOEFL)
- A positive attitude and an open mind
- Some way to take notes and write down examples
When watching an American movie, have you ever said this to yourself?
"I understand every word, but I have no idea what he is talking about!"
If this is you, this course was made for you.
We will be learning the most common American English idioms native English speakers use in daily conversations—the things you can't learn in books.
The best way to learn is by example, and that is the foundation of this course. In each lesson, we will talk about one English phrase or expression. I will carefully explain the meaning, background, and usage(s), then share real-life examples from conversations between native English speakers.
You won't just learn English idioms in this course, you will master them. You will know deeply how to use them, which is very important for exams like IELTS and TOEFL. And if you feel uncertain about anything you're learning through the course, I will answer any questions you have.
Are you ready to take your English mastery to the next level? Let the journey begin!
- Anybody who wants to speak English clearly and confidently
- English learners who want to understand English at a native level
- This course is not for native English speakers